Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-22-2022, 03:00 AM   #61
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
Can anybody else confirm that charging led light is working in Libra 2?

For the life of me, i cannot make this work.
Just to clarify, the led light illuminates only when charging while asleep. If you are using the sleepcover, partially lifting the edge of the cover (at the 1 in. fold) the light is visible. Note: this assumes you have the feature enabled in settings.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 04:11 AM   #62
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Damn, my libra 2 cannot detect the update via Sync.
That happens because it's a staggered rollout. You can always do a manual update.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2022, 07:37 AM   #63
GlenRunciter
Enthusiast
GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Sage
I have new insights.
The problem with the fonts only occurs with *.epubs.Kepubs are presented correctly.
GlenRunciter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 07:44 AM   #64
cpimentel
Enthusiast
cpimentel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Thumbs up Elipsa Quick Feedback

The device feels a little bit snappier overall.

Taking simple notes in the notebooks and books also feels snappier, and it feels like it does not refresh the whole page when you write something. If you erase something, it does refresh the whole page. I truly don't remember if that was the way before, but it is a good exp.

The charging light indicator now it is working. As mentioned before, it works if the device is on sleep.

Anyone can give more information about the sync to all devices? Is it syncing the annotations now?

If I may, what I would like to see next:
- Be able to write notes in a note section (don't need a proper side by side yet)
- Be able to write notes on any format (I am looking at you sideloaded kepub)
- Even faster writing experience
- Upload and sync sideloaded books (if that is just on dropbox, I am fine!)
cpimentel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 10:06 AM   #65
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesse View Post
Could anyone please see if they have fixed the Bluetooth (and or WiFi) that would turn on if you looked at the menu setting to turn them on (but didn't actually turn it on, it just activated by itself)?
Not fixed. I just looked at Bluetooth settings (it was OFF), went back to the menu, then checked Bluetooth settings again and it was ON. Very annoying.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2022, 11:42 AM   #66
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That happens because it's a staggered rollout. You can always do a manual update.
Is the manual update as easy as extracting the kobo 4.31 update file to the .kobo folder in the root directory?

I believe there are 3 files in the zip update: koboroot.tgz, an md5sum file and an upgrade folder.

Then reboot the device?

Is this correct?
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 12:22 PM   #67
tschucha
Zealot
tschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfolded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Just to clarify, the led light illuminates only when charging while asleep. If you are using the sleepcover, partially lifting the edge of the cover (at the 1 in. fold) the light is visible. Note: this assumes you have the feature enabled in settings.
I have a Kobo Sage. The LED indicator while charging setting is set to ON.

The indicator light does NOT stay on more than a few second. It doesn't matter if the reader is in sleep mode or powered off off. It does not matter if the reader is in a sleep cover or not.

It does not work if you power the reader down and restart it.

The LED indicator light function just does not work - at least on the Sage.
tschucha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 12:22 PM   #68
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Is the manual update as easy as extracting the kobo 4.31 update file to the .kobo folder in the root directory?

I believe there are 3 files in the zip update: koboroot.tgz, an md5sum file and an upgrade folder.

Then reboot the device?

Is this correct?
Pretty much. Although if you transfer the files via USB, it'll automatically reboot when you disconnect.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 12:23 PM   #69
tschucha
Zealot
tschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfolded

Quote:

Then reboot the device?

Is this correct?
Yes. Just take the contents of the ZIP file and put them in the .kobo folder. When you eject the ereader it will install the update.
Old 01-22-2022, 12:36 PM   #70
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:

Then reboot the device?

Is this correct?
Yes, but the device will auto-reboot itself once you've disconnected from the PC. So you don't need to take any extra action.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 12:40 PM   #71
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For anyone that's tried switching into the new Sideloaded Mode after the fact (i.e. Already registered/signed in), what are your impressions? Does NickelMenu still work correctly? And is it easy to switch back with no ill effects? I don't mind the Home screen, but an interface without the Kobo Store links appeals to me, so I'm conflicted. But I also rely on koreader to view pdfs and cbz so if this breaks NickelMenu, then that makes the decision is easy.
Old 01-22-2022, 12:53 PM   #72
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtiangha View Post
what are your impressions? Does NickelMenu still work correctly? And is it easy to switch back with no ill effects? I don't mind the Home screen, but an interface without the Kobo Store links appeals to me, so I'm conflicted.
Everything works correctly. It's easy to switch.
I did not like and it is unclear in Sideloaded Mode the absence of Dropbox (Pocket works).
I returned to normal mode, with a home screen, it's more familiar and nicer to me. But someone will find Sideloaded Mode closer - it is minimalistic.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 12:58 PM   #73
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tschucha View Post
I have a Kobo Sage. The LED indicator while charging setting is set to ON.

The indicator light does NOT stay on more than a few second. It doesn't matter if the reader is in sleep mode or powered off off. It does not matter if the reader is in a sleep cover or not.

It does not work if you power the reader down and restart it.

The LED indicator light function just does not work - at least on the Sage.
My response was specific to the OP's reference to the Libra 2. I don't know if this latest update has corrected the problem on the Sage as I have net yet installed the update. I remained on 4.29.18730 when it was discovered that Kobo "broke" the function. It sounds like it remains inop.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 01:02 PM   #74
tschucha
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
My response was specific to the OP's reference to the Libra 2. I don't know if this latest update has corrected the problem on the Sage as I have net yet installed the update. I remained on 4.29.18730 when it was discovered that Kobo "broke" the function. It sounds like it remains inop.
Yes - I'll probably go back to that version too. Right now I'm giving the new firmware a try using the Sideloaded option. I've always hated the Home page and wanted to set the MyBooks page at the default - I'm debating whether or not the indicator light bug (which should not have been hard to fix) is worth putting up with in exchange for having the MYBooks as the default page.
Old 01-22-2022, 01:17 PM   #75
rtiangha
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Everything works correctly. It's easy to switch.
I did not like and it is unclear in Sideloaded Mode the absence of Dropbox (Pocket works).
I returned to normal mode, with a home screen, it's more familiar and nicer to me. But someone will find Sideloaded Mode closer - it is minimalistic.
Thanks. And to be certain, does anyone know if PIN login still work too? I don't want to do this just to find out I accidentally locked myself out of my device.

Tags
firmware, firmware release