Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-21-2022, 12:03 PM   #46
albare
Connoisseur
albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kobo h2o
In Kobo sage nanoclock is not working after this update.
I reinstall again but is not working

Enviado desde mi SM-A705FN mediante Tapatalk
albare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 01:20 PM   #47
erdos
Enthusiast
erdos began at the beginning.

Device: k4, Kobo Clara
simplified chinese support with pinyin input
erdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2022, 01:22 PM   #48
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
There definitely seems to be something funny with the fonts. The most notable is Avenir Next, which certainly isn't displaying a sans-serif font.

Neither are the two UD fonts, but I don't know if they have english glyphs so unsure about those.

Yet most other fonts, (including the one I just sideloaded) seem to work ok.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 01:50 PM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can anyone try ChareInk Weighted and ChareInk Weighted Hinted on 4.31? I don't want to find my font of choice will no longer work. If you don't have it, it can be had at...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=184056

Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 02:08 PM   #50
tschucha
Zealot
tschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kobo Sage
I'm using Charis SIL ModifiedLarger and it seems to work fine. I can change to other fonts and back again just like before.
tschucha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2022, 02:18 PM   #51
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
same here. it light and flashes when I plug a charger and then its gone.

I was hoping it would remain lighted or at least flash while charging and steadies when the device is fully charged.
That is because the previous version firmware (and possibly one prior, IIRC) broke the feature. It still functions correctly on earlier firmware, i.e., the led remains illuminated while charging.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 02:44 PM   #52
tschucha
Zealot
tschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfolded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
That is because the previous version firmware (and possibly one prior, IIRC) broke the feature. It still functions correctly on earlier firmware, i.e., the led remains illuminated while charging.
You would think that this would have been a no-brainer to fix.

It's pretty damn obvious. You have a setting that says to allow the light to be on when charging. It it is enabled then - FIX THE DAMN SOFTWARE so that it does what it says.

The last version of the software where the charging indicator light worked properly was 4.29.18730.

For such a simple problem that was introduced with 4.30.18838 it should have been easy to go back and fix it - particularly when one of the main reasons for the latest update had to do with battery life.
Old 01-21-2022, 03:14 PM   #53
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tschucha View Post
You would think that this would have been a no-brainer to fix.

It's pretty damn obvious. You have a setting that says to allow the light to be on when charging. It it is enabled then - FIX THE DAMN SOFTWARE so that it does what it says.

The last version of the software where the charging indicator light worked properly was 4.29.18730.

For such a simple problem that was introduced with 4.30.18838 it should have been easy to go back and fix it - particularly when one of the main reasons for the latest update had to do with battery life.
One would think so. Honestly, doesn't anyone beta test the obvious anymore? Although I am anxious to improve battery life, I will hold off upgrading until someone confirms that Kobo hasn't made it worse.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 03:52 PM   #54
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tschucha View Post
I'm using Charis SIL ModifiedLarger and it seems to work fine. I can change to other fonts and back again just like before.
Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 03:57 PM   #55
trott3r
Enthusiast
trott3r began at the beginning.

Device: kobo sage considering boox
No update on my UK kobo sage.
I assume it is a regional thing?
were updates are rolled out by regional markets?
trott3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 04:16 PM   #56
tschucha
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
One would think so. Honestly, doesn't anyone beta test the obvious anymore? Although I am anxious to improve battery life, I will hold off upgrading until someone confirms that Kobo hasn't made it worse.
One thing that does appear to be fixed is the sleep screen % charged number. On the previous version that number seemed to lag quite a bit, ie it would say 89% charged but if you unplugged and plugged it in again it would say 94% charged. I plugged it in to charge and did see the number go up every couple of minutes.

As to the battery life - we'll see. I hope so.
Old 01-21-2022, 04:47 PM   #57
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You can authorise the book for Adobe DRM and sign into Pocket.
Dropbox doesn't work and it's sad.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 08:05 PM   #58
Alexia
Bookworm
Alexia began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenRunciter View Post
After updating to the new firmware 4.31.19086, I can no longer use any sideloaded fonts.
I can select them, but the same font as publisher standard is always displayed.
After reinstalling 4.30.18838, everything works fine.
Has anyone else this problem?
All your books can't change fonts? Or only some? Have you tried to strip preinstalled fonts from the book.

My side loaded fonts work with new firmware 4.31.19086.

But I've had some books with fonts not changing before, and those raised the problem of not being able to invert to black/white as well.

The easiest solution for both is just convert the book to kepub.

The other solution just for fonts: go to Edit book - Tools - Manage fonts - select and remove all. Or go to Edit book - Tools - Filter Style Information - tick on fonts.
Alexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 01:39 AM   #59
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Damn, my libra 2 cannot detect the update via Sync.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 01:45 AM   #60
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexia View Post
Yes, the "Indicator light while charging" is checked. And now I get it, I always charge it while connected to PC. Checked with a plug and the light works when Kobo is sleeping.
Can anybody else confirm that charging led light is working in Libra 2?

For the life of me, i cannot make this work.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release