Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-22-2022, 05:17 PM   #811
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkozlows View Post
Would this same issue result in "stuck" button presses, as it fails to detect a button up event? Because I have this happen not-infrequently -- turning the page results in it continuing to turn the page repeatedly -- and have been wondering if it's a defective device, or something like that.
I've never seen it happen, FWIW.

EDIT: Oops, just saw @Sirtel's answer, so I'll amend my answer: in KOReader, that is.

I wouldn't be able to tell you anything about Nickel, because I barely spend any time there .

That said, I don't recall ever seeing logs like that on mine.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 04:49 AM   #812
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
You won't beat a Forefront shell cover.
Very light, folds right. back for one-handed reading, sleeps the Sage when you close it and wakes it up when you open it.
I've had Forefront shell cases for my readers for years, never had a problem.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Forefront-C.../dp/B09SLS8SST
I'm a fan of kwmobile cases. I have one on my Kobo Aura H2O that I've had for about 5 years. Plus, they look nice. This is a sleep cover that also folds back and

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09PR2CVTJ
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2022, 04:12 AM   #813
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'm a fan of kwmobile cases. I have one on my Kobo Aura H2O that I've had for about 5 years. Plus, they look nice. This is a sleep cover that also folds back and

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09PR2CVTJ
Yes by the look of it I suspect they're the same ones made in the same factory in China as the Forefront ones, so I'd get one of those if Forefront weren't available.

I know some of you had bad experiences with Forefront years ago but they've always delivered accurately and promptly for me, and on the one occasion I had a dud magnet, replaced the cover immediately.

That said, I just bought a new bright red case for my Libra2 from Forefront directly and the PayPal payment was taken by 'UKLiquidators' so I'm not sure about their future
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 01:41 PM   #814
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
Yes by the look of it I suspect they're the same ones made in the same factory in China as the Forefront ones, so I'd get one of those if Forefront weren't available.

I know some of you had bad experiences with Forefront years ago but they've always delivered accurately and promptly for me, and on the one occasion I had a dud magnet, replaced the cover immediately.

That said, I just bought a new bright red case for my Libra2 from Forefront directly and the PayPal payment was taken by 'UKLiquidators' so I'm not sure about their future
It's Finte that some of us had problem with. The quality of Finte is poor. Their covers ware out much sooner then they should.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote