Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-09-2017, 02:17 AM   #46
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
I agree it sounds like they had two test units, each with a different eMMC supplier. Hard to tell though, as "Equipment Under Test" doesn't really indicate the number...

eMMC is decently fast, if I remember from the KA1 reviews.

The battery is 1500mAh. What's that like compared to other Kobos? (Our wiki's light on this level of detail.)
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 05:44 AM   #47
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
The battery is 1500mAh. What's that like compared to other Kobos? (Our wiki's light on this level of detail.)
I was thinking it would be worthwhile adding FCC IDs to the Wiki along with the battery info from the FCC reports.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2017, 08:13 AM   #48
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I'm hoping it means 2 models!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:20 AM   #49
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I was thinking it would be worthwhile adding FCC IDs to the Wiki along with the battery info from the FCC reports.
I've added everything back to the Mini. Kind of boring - everything so far has a 1500mAh battery except for the KA1 (1200) and Mini (1000).
Old 03-09-2017, 08:22 AM   #50
chrisridd
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I'm hoping it means 2 models!
Two models would require 2 separate FCC tests and codes, so I don't think so! Though the Aura did come out with two different coloured cases, I guess that was irrelevant to the testing so there was still just one test and code.
Advert
Old 03-09-2017, 09:31 AM   #51
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Two models would require 2 separate FCC tests and codes, so I don't think so! Though the Aura did come out with two different coloured cases, I guess that was irrelevant to the testing so there was still just one test and code.
Thanks for shattering my hopes and dreams.

I hope the new device will have some features to tempt me. I don't need a new device, but I do have a birthday approaching, so there's my excuse.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:08 AM   #52
chrisridd
Guru

Quote:
Thanks for shattering my hopes and dreams.

You're welcome

Quote:
I hope the new device will have some features to tempt me. I don't need a new device, but I do have a birthday approaching, so there's my excuse.
I was due to get the KA1 for my last birthday but it has never been in stock long enough... So maybe this one especially with a proper battery? And if they make enough of them?
Old 03-09-2017, 12:42 PM   #53
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
You're welcome

I was due to get the KA1 for my last birthday but it has never been in stock long enough... So maybe this one especially with a proper battery? And if they make enough of them?
Best bet might be to pre-order.

Can't wait to see the specs!
Old 03-09-2017, 04:00 PM   #54
chrisridd
Guru

Quote:
Best bet might be to pre-order.

Can't wait to see the specs!
Please have a flush bezel, please have a flush bezel, please have a flush bezel!

With the KA1 the rather different new screen proved to be hard to make consistently, so pre-ordering that was risky. Pre-ordering the new H2O could be safer.

I also forgot that Kobo were promising a voucher to Sainsbury's ex-customers for a few £ off one of the new ereaders. Kobo seem to have forgotten about that voucher too, though maybe when the ereaders are actually available the vouchers will arrive...
Old 03-09-2017, 04:41 PM   #55
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Please have a flush bezel, please have a flush bezel, please have a flush bezel!
I want that, too! And as small and thin as possible.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:56 PM   #56
jbennion
jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony reader PRS-650
This is a bit OT, but I am learning how lucky I am to have a KA1! Which I absolutely love! By far my favorite eReader I've ever had. Some people complain it's too big; I love the size, I think it's perfect. I do not like the battery drain issue, however. I don't mind charging it every two weeks, but lately, it's every 2-3 days, whether I use it or not.
jbennion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 06:20 PM   #57
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
In firmware v. 4.3.8945 kobo has removed the reference to the aura H2O Edition 2 !
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 06:42 PM   #58
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I want that, too! And as small and thin as possible.
No. I do not want the H2O Edition 2 to be like the Aura One with a weaker battery just to make a lighter thinner device. I like the battery life I get from the H2O. I don't want any less of a battery life for the new H2O.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 06:45 PM   #59
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by surquizu View Post
In firmware v. 4.3.8945 kobo has removed the reference to the aura H2O Edition 2 !
the genie is already out of the bottle for what it's worth.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:13 PM   #60
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
No. I do not want the H2O Edition 2 to be like the Aura One with a weaker battery just to make a lighter thinner device. I like the battery life I get from the H2O. I don't want any less of a battery life for the new H2O.
Good point, I also don't want it to be all lopsided like the Oasis. So, in amendment, I hope it will be as small and thin as it can be (don't care about weight) without sacrificing battery life, or having a nightmare of a shape!