Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-21-2013, 03:14 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Question how do I deauthorise a prs-650

this is related to my other sell/replace thread.

if I junk or sell my old prs-650 then I ought to try to remove my adobe authorisation from it. ( so a not to waste a device authorisation if junked) and so as not to inconvenience a buyer, if sold.

goggle makes this look difficult!

I don't want to mess up my PC's adobe authorisation as I need that for ongoing library book loans. So is there a simple way to de-auth only my old reader..

preferably without sony reader software as I don't have that installed. ( but I think there is an installable copy in the reader firmware that I can install if I must...)
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:03 AM   #2
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

update - OK I , after 30 minutes, solved this but hit a whole other world of frustratiosn with the sony reader software. I don't NNED that to work, but "started so I'd like to finish" & understand whats wrong.

here's what I've done, found.
1. ade refussed to see the PRS 650. google said that is because sony reader software has to be instaleld for that to happen. SO I installed reader softweare from the readre firmware & also installed ADE2.0 ( because 1.7 does tno have the authorise/deauthoirse apotions apparently)
so with ADE2 I was then able to esatablish that the prs650 was authorised, and so I could proceed to de-authorise it.

but back with the reader software . I turn off calibre because I have heard of conflicts & I turn of windows firewall. but I still get the reader update will not work "unable to process updates dfue to ao config error..."
I can select ebook store from the reader library software menu but when I try "click here" nothign happens.
so I download a newer version of sony reader software from web & try with that. same pair of errors. About tells me that I have v3.3 but I still cannot get into the ebook store, I get the splash screen saying "your next great read is one click away", but it remains " one click away" no matter what I try.

what am I doing wrong here. I don't want to connect my newer prs-650 until I understand this!

PS I am UK if that is a factor with the estore issue. I recall reading the sony software was bad but I did not know it was this bad. I am running Win 7 64 bit if that is a factor.
Advert
Old 12-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #3
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Doing a hard reset will wipe the device of your data and any & all personal info. I believe there's a link on the Mobile Read wiki with instructions. The new Sony Reader for PC software does not work with any reader less than T1's.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #4
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Got it!

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Sony...nd_Reset_Guide
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:21 AM   #5
cybmole
Wizard

actually, the new reader for PC works fine with prs-650. I can access the e-store with that OK.

BUt it took me another hour on google to discover that sony have disconnected their servers from the reader that is in the firmware, & didn't bother to put up any helpful info, just left it broken & showing meaningless error messages.
once i downloaded & installed the newer reader it was fine except that it is a persistent so& so - it wiped my sigil associations, kept popping up when not wanted, and also it "helpfully" re-authorised the 650 without asking first.

anyway thread solved, I know now to bundle in a CD of the new reader installer + a note saying use this , not the one in the firmware, if I do ever sell a 650.

thanks for the reset link - I had already tried a "paper clip" reset but not the" hold down some keys & force factory settings" reset,

Last edited by cybmole; 12-22-2013 at 01:27 AM.
Advert