Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-31-2013, 08:54 PM   #1
rekrek
rekrek began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Thumbs up Common official git for kobo dev

Is there a common git for all kobo development that focuses on a complete replacement of the kobo system image ?

I see that lots of little tweek and patches are made on this site, but there don't seem to be cumulated to provide a complete solution. Also the kobolabs binary distribution system is a bit awkward.

I would suggest that we have an official git for this forum where every one can contribute their on effort.

Proposed format would be :
/config (build rules for different hw)
/kobohardware (kernel,uboot...)
/ports
__/app (python,gdb,strace...) (from other arm distributions?)
__/games
__/libs (qt/e...)
/example (and proof of concept little app)
/contrib (launcher, pickel, qt-fb, bookreader, temperature_screensaver...)
/binary (koboroot.tgz, sd.img) for end user

And in time provide a packaging mechanism (ipkg,opkg,deb?) for easy installation of additional packages.

Would some active members interested in maintaining it if none exist?
rekrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:51 AM   #2
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
I think this is enough:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=217160
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #3
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Sounds like a good idea, but I'm not active enough to maintain it myself.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
git repository official