Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-07-2020, 05:16 AM   #16
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The TV series is good so far.
Yea, I was getting ready to start that on Netflix Good to know.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 07:17 AM   #17
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenlind View Post
The first six books of The Last Kingdom can be bought at a very good price at Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009N7J6PQ

I have read several books by Cornwell and I have enjoyed them all.
Several Sharpe books.
First five of The Last Kingdom.
I really liked the (semi)fantasy trilogy The warlord Chronicles
Thank you. I've made up my mind which I will keep private. Looking forward to ease my way out of reader's block.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2020, 10:14 AM   #18
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
One of the nice things I like about Bernard Cornwell is he will tell you, in an afterward, what changes he made to make a better story. Not in all of his books, but in the ones where the changes are important differences from the historical fact. An example is Sharpe's Eagle. He has Sharpe capturing an Eagle towards the end of the book. In an afterward he goes into detail about the two men who were the first to capture one of Napoleon's Eagles.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 12:04 PM   #19
ametzler
Zealot
ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite II
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I have some of the Sharpe series in paper, but it's one of those series that I haven't gotten the eBooks year. The prices of the Kindle editions are all over the place. Some for $6, others for $14 which is a bit more than I'm willing to pay for the books.
The Harper Collins omnibus editions ("Sharpe 3-Book Collection") are very reasonably priced around here (Europe). (7-14 EUR each)
ametzler is offline   Reply With Quote