Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-28-2020, 05:44 PM   #1
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
how to remove the annoying original pagebreaks from an epub?

So I have an epub that seems to have this

Code:
<span> epub:type="pagebreak"
every page the book was originally printed for. You can see attachments. It prints the original page number on the right margin and it gets annoying after awhile.

Questions:

Is there any way to disable that behavior via a built-in tweak somehow? Or must I create a css rule to selector out every epub:type="pagebreak" and disable it? I already tried using the tweak disable publisher pagebreaks as well as disable publisher styling and I still see this. I also tried using different layout options on the bottom menu (web/static/book/etc).

If I must create a book specific tweak, how do I write a rule that would disable this behavior? And do people just do this on their kindle? Or they typically ssh in and drop the rule in some koreader folder?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0573.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	468.5 KB
ID:	180263   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0574.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	970.4 KB
ID:	180264  

Last edited by arooni; 06-28-2020 at 05:50 PM.
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 06:13 PM   #2
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'd get out the big sledge hammer and delete those spans from the epub. You can open the epub in Sigil and it has a plugin called TagMechanic (both of which you can download from here) and in TagMechanic you can specify a tag and its class to delete. Remember in the book list on the left to select all of the files/chapters you want the plugin to modify. I use it all the time for junk like that, e.g, spans for a drop cap, useless divs, etc.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2020, 06:21 PM   #3
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by arooni View Post
So I have an epub that seems to have this

Code:
<span> epub:type="pagebreak"
every page the book was originally printed for. You can see attachments. It prints the original page number on the right margin and it gets annoying after awhile.

Questions:

Is there any way to disable that behavior via a built-in tweak somehow? Or must I create a css rule to selector out every epub:type="pagebreak" and disable it? I already tried using the tweak disable publisher pagebreaks as well as disable publisher styling and I still see this. I also tried using different layout options on the bottom menu (web/static/book/etc).

If I must create a book specific tweak, how do I write a rule that would disable this behavior? And do people just do this on their kindle? Or they typically ssh in and drop the rule in some koreader folder?
But the "page break" doesn't do a page break, so the style tweak seems to be working. I think it has to do with readerPageMap, which is an epub3 thingy IIRC. I never played with them but you should see a submenu called "reference pages" on the navigation menu (below TOC and bookmarks). I think you can disable them there.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 01:57 PM   #4
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
But the "page break" doesn't do a page break, so the style tweak seems to be working. I think it has to do with readerPageMap, which is an epub3 thingy IIRC. I never played with them but you should see a submenu called "reference pages" on the navigation menu (below TOC and bookmarks). I think you can disable them there.
Ding ding ding !! We have a winner ! Today I learned about (yet another) cool koreader feature. Thanks !!!
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote