Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2020, 06:59 AM   #916
Kagath
Kagath began at the beginning.

Device: Vivlio InkPad 3, Kobo GloHD
Hello,

My KOBO Glo HD is stuck at the screen "Please reload your reader". I've changed the battery, try everything (reset, hard reset, factory reset, praying reset...)
The only thing i haven't try is to reset the image on the sd card.
Can you send me the image please ?
So i can try it.

Thank you very much !
Old 08-06-2020, 08:11 AM   #917
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Kagath: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
Advert
Old 08-06-2020, 09:00 AM   #918
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Kagath: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
As far as I can see, Kagath has access to PMs.
Old 08-06-2020, 09:55 AM   #919
Kagath
Kagath began at the beginning.

Device: Vivlio InkPad 3, Kobo GloHD
Quote:
As pdurrant says, i have PM activated.

But you were also right because by mistake i had check this box :
Receive Private Messages only from Contacts and Moderators

My bad.

It's all good now.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:16 AM   #920
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.

And, I saw something was different, but, wasn't sure what.
Advert
Old 08-14-2020, 04:29 AM   #921
Harpagornis
Harpagornis began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Kobo Glo HD

David, I also need an image for a Kobo Glo HD.

Thanks in advance
Old 08-14-2020, 07:10 AM   #922
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@Harpagornis: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
Old 08-14-2020, 08:08 AM   #923
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
@Harpagornis: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
Harpagornis should now have PM access.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:02 AM   #924
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@Harpagornis: PM sent.

And as always, thanks to The Grand Mouse.
Old 08-15-2020, 06:11 AM   #925
xcm
xcm began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO GLO HD
image file

David, I also need an image for a Kobo Glo HD.
Next week I am going to PG comp, need my device...
THX a lot for help
PS: when kobo works in the air.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09374psS.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	779.1 KB
ID:	181353   Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	492.6 KB
ID:	181354  
Old 08-15-2020, 08:29 AM   #926
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 08-15-2020, 10:24 AM   #927
xcm
xcm began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO GLO HD
Quote:
PM sent.
Thanks a lot!
Old 08-16-2020, 07:13 AM   #928
johnpantau
johnpantau began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Kobo Glo HD Bricked

Hi David,

Could I please get an image for Glo HD as well? It seems my Glo HD stopped working after not using it for several weeks.

It is stuck with two black dots and one white dot on the screen and red led on the power button is always on.

Appreciate some guidance. Thanks )
Old 08-16-2020, 07:19 AM   #929
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

It might come up with a manual factory reset. See https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...ing_squares.22 for instructions.

Otherwise, you probably need to reimage the internal SD card. I have sent PM with the link to the image if that is needed.
Old 08-30-2020, 06:06 AM   #930
dariosar
dariosar began at the beginning.

Device: None
Hi David,
unfortunately i need the Kobo Glo HD SD image too...
My kobo is frozen, i've tried all the factory reset etc without any result.
Thanks a lot for your help
Dario
Closed Thread