Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 04-20-2012, 10:55 AM   #1
ebookn00b
ebookn00b began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire, iPad 2
Problems with pagebreaks in MOBI

I am creating epubs in Indesign, exporting them to epub, I am then editing the HTML file in Dreamweaver. After I add pagebreaks in the HTML file I convert the epub to MOBI through Calibre. After the conversion in Calibre my MOBI does not have any of the pagebreaks that I added to the html file. Does anyone have any insight on how to succesfully add pagebreaks to a MOBI file?
ebookn00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:12 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Three ways:

1) Actually have separate html files for where page-breaks should occur (ie, dedication, intro, chapter1, chapter2, etc... )

2) Put <mbp:pagebreak/> in the code.

3) using CSS classes:
In the HTML file: <div class="break"></div>

In the CSS file:
div.break { page-break-before: always; }

I use method #1 where it makes sense and #3 where it might not. Just realize that regardless of which method you use... it's still going to wind up being converted to <mbp:pagebreak/> in the actual MOBI's markup.

The above advice is for traditional MOBI, and the new KF8 format has not even been considered.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
mobi conversion, page breaks in mobi