Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-26-2010, 05:56 PM   #1
polbit
Connoisseur
polbit is faster than slow light.polbit is faster than slow light.polbit is faster than slow light.polbit is faster than slow light.polbit is faster than slow light.polbit is faster than slow light.polbit is faster than slow light.polbit is faster than slow light.polbit is faster than slow light.polbit is faster than slow light.polbit is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle 4, Kindle HDX 8.9, Yoga 2 Pro
DXG Firmware update?

Now that K3 is shipping, where's the updated DXG firmware? I want my updated PDF support!
polbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by polbit View Post
Now that K3 is shipping, where's the updated DXG firmware? I want my updated PDF support!
Me too neighbor!

I watched Erinath's videos and PDF support was awesome even on the 6" screen of the K3. They need to port that to our DXGs.

EDIT: I just watched her third video the one on highlighting PDFs. The K3 seems to be rather flaky at that task, but I still like how it views them.

Last edited by jswinden; 08-26-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #3
caryanne2
caryanne2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
I was just coming here to ask that same questions. There are quite a few features I am excited about: pdf annotation, different fonts, contrast options....

I am also hoping (!!!) that with the new update, we will get wifi capabilities....but I'm not holding my breath for that one.
caryanne2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:35 PM   #4
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
Me three! I really want the new PDF capabilities...

Maybe tomorrow it'll be released..?
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:40 PM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I suspect that DX doesn't sell the volume that justifies a new model to replace it (particularly with tablets on the rise), which would argue for extending the current model's life cycle with software updates. Some people have reported Amazon CS telling them to expect an update but I would only trust an official announcement from Amazon.

And they might as well do K2/K2i as well, since the firmware is so similar.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 06:45 PM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

Unlike Sony which almost never updates any reader's firmware, Amazon has always provided lots of updates. So let us hope they follow through on giving the DXG the K3 PDF features. And I hope they fix the battery charge indicator too. At least it seems a bit flaky on my DXG.