Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-11-2018, 06:28 AM   #16
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
when i bought a kobo arc tablet - long time ago - that came with a charger. I dont recall if i got one included with my kobo e-reader - also a long time ago
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:04 PM   #17
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
re=reading the entire thread and noting the test done in post #2, it does seem to be a device issue...
if the PDF title can be posted, maybe someone else has a copy and can repeat a test on a Kobo
The title in question is The Intel Microprocessors - Architecture Programming And Interfacing

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 02:06 PM   #18
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Does Kobo have approved chargers? I believe all I received from Kobo with my ereaders was cables, and I don't recall any mention of approved chargers.
all you get with the ereader is a cable no charger.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 06:31 PM   #19
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Does Kobo have approved chargers? I believe all I received from Kobo with my ereaders was cables, and I don't recall any mention of approved chargers.
There is a statement about "You can charge your Kobo eReader with any 5V, 500mA Micro USB adapter."

I suspect that using a USB-C charger with 2A output between 5 and 24 volts might not meet that description.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 06:33 PM   #20
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
The title in question is The Intel Microprocessors - Architecture Programming And Interfacing

6th edition or 8th edition?
Old 12-11-2018, 07:41 PM   #21
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
6th edition or 8th edition?
8th

I had no trouble on a Clara HD but I will admit I didn't plug into a charger

PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 02:08 AM   #22
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
8th

I had no trouble on a Clara HD but I will admit I didn't plug into a charger
I, ummm..., borrowed a copy from an old classmate's employer's library for testing. I actually asked permission and now have an ID to allow borrowing from their library for the next 6 months if I can find any other electronic engineering books I want to read. In return, a bit of Powershell magic and their UPNs are all set for Azure AD Connect and their pending switch to Office 365.

I couldn't duplicate the issue on my Aura HD, Aura H20, Aura One, Clara HD or Forma. I tried each ereader plugged into a charger, plugged into my laptop and disconnected flipping/zooming about 50 pages on each device.

I also tried using KOReader on the Aura H2O and no issues though it did do a better job displaying the .pdf file which I pretty much expected.

Tags
aura one, charging, freeze, pdf, reset