Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-22-2016, 05:40 AM   #1
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Isidore - eInk Typeface

Note: You might remember this topic from the days of yore (or the last year). I just learned from the Improved Charis SIL topic that I can't use Gentium eInk name for this. So, a new topic and a new name. Isidore comes from Isidore of Seville, who did some very important work on Jus Gentium.

Gentium is an awesome typeface released under SIL Open Font License. But it has some problems with e-readers. Line spacing is too big, font has too little weight, only Plus version has kerning but it doesn't have bold and bold italic fonts.

So, I fixed all those problems. I lowered line spacing, added some weight, copied bold and bold italic fonts from the Basic version and added kerning pairs to them. Bold and bold italic also needed their line spacing fixed for compatibility.

I tested the type extensively for months, works very well.

Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	4096
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	148182  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Isidore.zip (2.03 MB, 2727 views)

Last edited by GERGE; 07-26-2016 at 12:12 PM.
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 06:15 AM   #2
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Thanks, GERGE! I'll try it out tonight.
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 02:33 AM   #3
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There was a problem with naming on some devices, fixed now.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:48 PM   #4
juan_carlos
Enthusiast
juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kindle 4
This font looks nice, but it is way too thin on my PW3. It is the thinnest one I ever tried.
juan_carlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:20 AM   #5
GERGE
Guru

It was looking nice with lower resolution devices, but I noticed it looks thin with Carta too. I made some adjustments, I am testing them now.
Old 05-13-2016, 09:47 PM   #6
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Ordinary letters seem to frequently show up missing when I have this one enabled on my Muse. Not sure why.
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 02:31 AM   #7
GERGE
Guru

I added more weight, it looks better now with HD devices.

I only have a Kobo, I don't know why it doesn't work with Cybooks. But weird... I use it with word processors too, no problems.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:27 AM   #8
Nayende
Nayende began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo & Kobo glo HD
Thank you Gerge.
I just saw it and I like it. I will try.
Nayende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:45 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Would it be possible to post a non-weight adjusted version? Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 03:54 AM   #10
Nayende

I liked this Typeface and have been using it for a long time. It is cool typeface. Thank you again.

But I just realized that the letter "Ş-ş" is missing in Bold and and Bold Italic.

Is it possible to update them?

PS: For those who don't know it, "Ş" is a Turkish letter. GERGE knows what I am talking about.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:39 AM   #11
GERGE
Guru

As a Turkish guy, I am embarrassed =)

I am very busy these days, but I have set a reminder for the next week, I will add them.
Old 07-14-2017, 04:22 AM   #12
Nayende

Thank you. Waiting for it.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:28 AM   #13
MJV
Nyxing BookReader
MJV began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Aura One, iPad 3,
I've been using for awhile now in my KA1 and it's my favorite font so far. Thanks for this.
MJV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 11:43 PM   #14
mallomar
Enthusiast
mallomar began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Air 2, Kindle Oasis 2
Doesn't Work with New Kindle Firmware

Amazon released new Kindle firmware today that allows installation of user-selected fonts. All of the ones I put on the device besides Isidore work, but Isidore just shows a blank page.
mallomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 04:33 AM   #15
anca2604
anca2604 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
blank page when using Isidore on Kindle Voyage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallomar View Post
Amazon released new Kindle firmware today that allows installation of user-selected fonts. All of the ones I put on the device besides Isidore work, but Isidore just shows a blank page.
I can confirm that a blank page is shown when using Isidore on my Kindle Voyage with the latest firmare update that allows side-loading of fonts. Is there a fix for this? I really like this font.
anca2604 is offline   Reply With Quote