Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 06:28 PM   #1
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The Kestral Voyages: The Lens - re-released on RightBrane.com

The Kestral Voyages: The Lens, the second in the Kestral series, is now available on RightBrane.com, and will soon be available at other ebook outlets!

Quote:
Planet Shura Dva seems to be deliberately resisting and sabotaging the terraforming work of the Oan Engineers. A local workers' leader claims to be able to "feel" the planet's anger... but the Engineers are positive he's really a terrorist leader secretly orchestrating the attacks.

And in the midst of local labor squabbles and strange planetary phenomena, Carolyn Kestral and her crew, flush after a lucrative cargo run, arrive on Shura Dva to help out a friend in need... and discover that the planet itself may not allow them to leave!
This is the 2010 revised edition of the novel originally released on SteveJordanBooks.com. The story has been expanded upon just a bit, mainly to flesh out a few of the characters and scenes, and given a fresh editing pass (which it apparently needed!). It also includes a fresh cover to go with the new release. If you loved the first Kestral story, and you're a fan of shows like Star Trek and Firefly, you'll love this series!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lens_750.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	209.6 KB
ID:	60133  
Old 10-23-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
The link to The Lens on your site's main page seems to be broken, Steve!

Edit: Sorry, it seems to be the link on your "Novels" page that is broken.

Your post above points to "the_lens.htm" but your "Novels" page points to just "lens.htm".

Last edited by Moe The Cat; 10-23-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:54 PM   #3
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
I picked up The Lens from the link you provided in your first post, Steve. Thanks! Now, to see what's changed in the re-write ...
Old 10-23-2010, 09:17 PM   #4
crc
unknown
crc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Were there any changes the first Kestral book? If so, I'll buy the series once the third book is re-released. (I missed the third book when it was originally available and have been looking forward to it since then)
Old 10-23-2010, 10:39 PM   #5
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
The link to The Lens on your site's main page seems to be broken, Steve!

Edit: Sorry, it seems to be the link on your "Novels" page that is broken.

Your post above points to "the_lens.htm" but your "Novels" page points to just "lens.htm".
Thanks for the catch... I had a few pages screw up their links, and I've been backtracking to get them all fixed. Hopefully that's the last of 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crc View Post
Were there any changes the first Kestral book? If so, I'll buy the series once the third book is re-released. (I missed the third book when it was originally available and have been looking forward to it since then)
The changes to the first and second books have been minor... fleshing out a scene here or there, and fixing lines that were missed by the proofer (in most cases, me) the first time around. No new characters or chapters, or major revisions in the stories.

(One thing I'll say outright: Some of the scenes in both books featuring sexual activity have been expanded beyond "kissing, crashing waves, morning after" status. Nothing that would earn them an X-rating, but just further detail to bring them more to speed with modern novels.)

IOW, if you've already bought the original revision, don't feel you must buy the new revision. You won't be getting a different story, just a better-built version of the same story.

The third Kestral story, The House of Jacquarelle, was slated for revision and re-release second in line after the next book... but I haven't decided which the next book will be! If it takes too long for me to pick one, I'll just go to Jacquarelle instead.
Closed Thread

Tags
berserker, kestral, steven lyle jordan, the lens