Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-08-2010, 01:31 PM   #1
GinoXB
Connoisseur
GinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura about

Device: Aluratek Libre
All Things Halloweeney

Seeing as it's near Halloween, it'll be here before you know it people, any plans for Halloween? Favorite Halloween memories, movies, costumes or candy? C'mon share!

As for my plans, I'll probably be working. *sigh* Even though I usually make a costume every year, I start planning in early September.

One memory that sticks out in my mind was when I was about 10 or 11. I had bought some giant rubber monster hands for a costume. One day my mom and I were in the drive-thru for McDonalds and the lady went to give us our order. I was sitting behind my mom in the van and I reached out to get the order through the driver's window with the gloves on. The lady in the drive-thru screamed, threw the food in the air and ran into the restaurant. Good times!

Favorite Halloween Movie ... Halloween of course! Love the music, always hear in my head. Is that bad?!

Favorite Costume. I made a scarecrow outfit in 1994. It was a military jumpsuit with a latex skeleton mask. I glued burlap to it and it came out pretty creepy looking. Sadly I didn't think to take pictures of it. I might still have the mask somewhere.

Favorite Halloween Candy .... hmmm anything chocolatey or with coconut. Candy I hated the generic candy, you know the kind it looks like someone sat on it, in clear wrapping that is so old the plastic tears and stays on the candy.
GinoXB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
http://www.freshpatents.com/Hollow-h...0080124431.php

Well you did say "All Things..."

Quote:
The present invention seeks to provide a hot dog with a hollow core formed therein (e.g., longitudinal hollow core), as is described more in detail hereinbelow. The hollow hot dog can be filled with condiments and can be enclosed in an enclosure for comfortable and hygienic holding.

Last edited by NormHart; 09-08-2010 at 02:02 PM.
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2010, 02:30 PM   #3
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Oh, and for WDE,

http://thesiblog.blogspot.com/2007/0...n-bites-4.html
Old 09-09-2010, 12:08 AM   #4
GinoXB
Connoisseur
GinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura aboutGinoXB has a spectacular aura about

No No No ..... Not Hollow Weenies! Halloweeney!
Old 09-09-2010, 03:27 AM   #5
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
No All Hallows Eve here...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 01:36 PM   #6
GinoXB
Connoisseur

Yes, I prefer to say All Hollows Eve too, but then people think I'm weird or something. Sheesh sue me for being well read.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:26 PM   #7
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo

So you don't think hollow wienies is Halloweeney? (Seemed scary enough to me!) How about bacon?

I'm Bacon!!!

Instructions here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bacon costume.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	57947  

Last edited by NormHart; 09-09-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:46 PM   #8
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo

OK, ok I'll try to get with the program. (but no promises)

Favorite Halloween costume;

I was about 33, just out of eight years in the US Army and back in college. I had this great pair of pink monster feet slippers. They were huge and I really, really loved them. I was rumaging around at the Salvation Army used clothing outlet and found, of all things, a big pink Muppets head. Well that got the wheels turning. Sure enough I found some pink knit mittens with a few days search.

Add in a formal black three piece suit and tie.

Viola! A giant lifesize pink Muppet!

Santa Cruz, CA had a huge party on the main street every year back then and I rocked all night! The kids loved it, I don't remember how many came up, eyes as wide as saucers, to say hello and shake my hand. One of the best times ever!

I'd kill for a photo of that costume. Must have cost me all of ten bucks.

Last edited by NormHart; 09-09-2010 at 05:39 PM. Reason: And, yes, the Viola remains my favorite stringed instrument
Old 09-09-2010, 04:21 PM   #9
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo

Now that I think about it all my best costumes were extemporaneous. When I spent money and time working on a costume it never really seemed to be all that great... Huh.

Did I mention the pink argyle socks?

Old 09-09-2010, 05:34 PM   #10
Monique
Monique is a jewel in the roughMonique is a jewel in the roughMonique is a jewel in the roughMonique is a jewel in the roughMonique is a jewel in the roughMonique is a jewel in the roughMonique is a jewel in the roughMonique is a jewel in the roughMonique is a jewel in the roughMonique is a jewel in the roughMonique is a jewel in the rough

Device: none
I can't believe it's almost Halloweeny!

I'll have to think about my best costume. Worst was definitely when I was ten and decided to be the Fonz. I had my ultra cool Huffy bike, put on blue jeans, a white t-shirt, rolled up a pack of candy cigs in the sleeve and... greased back my long hair with baby oil. Took days and countless washings to get that out. But, Ayyyyy!!!
Monique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:17 PM   #11
distant.star
I would prefer not to.
distant.star began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I think if you frighten the bejeezus out of them, you've succeed.

One year I carved a few dramatic jack-o-lanterns, placed them by the front door and put a red bulb in the entry light. When I heard one child out on the sidewalk plead, "No, mommy, I don't want to go up there," I reveled in the sweet sound of Halloween success.

Here's the scene:

http://wetracy.smugmug.com/Holidays/...32319128_HzS36
distant.star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:46 PM   #12
Monique
Monique is a jewel in the roughMonique is a jewel in the roughMonique is a jewel in the roughMonique is a jewel in the roughMonique is a jewel in the roughMonique is a jewel in the roughMonique is a jewel in the roughMonique is a jewel in the roughMonique is a jewel in the roughMonique is a jewel in the roughMonique is a jewel in the rough

Device: none
Nice. The red light really makes it skeery.
Monique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:48 AM   #13
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
favorite past halloween experiences (mostly parties); the group of girls that came as Earth Wind and Fire (imagine creative bodysuits), a bunch of friends that came as a bunch of grapes (LOTS of green balloons), the polyester dragon... it was a dragon costume made out of the most hideous polyester yellow, red, and orange materials... and for some reason it worked. a knife fork and spoon. the really tacky award goes to (we were in ROTC at the time that the Marine Barracks in Lebanon were bombed), the guy who came as a dead Marine... wore his Dress Marine Uniform, knew someone in the theater department that did the "special" effects. a dog and her person that came as legos... the dog had a box around her with used round platic containers glued to the tops and sides and painted a primary color. her person did the whole box thing and containers as well.... it was pretty darn effective! we went years ago when the first Indiana Jones movie came out as Indie and Marian Ravenwood, unknown to us a friend came as a Nazi officer... it was pretty cool
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:48 AM   #14
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Such wonderful memories...

Hanging out at Harry Houdini's grave, waiting for a message from beyond.
Scaring the Hell out of trick or treaters. Wearing a bloody, wet leather butcher's apron and bloody teeth. Real beef blood, for the smell.
Reading horror stories at midnight in cemetaries.
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:50 AM   #15
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
actually one of my favorites is from Jack London.... ice worms!!!!

we would take spaghetti and food dye one end to look like a face and read Jack London!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote