Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-13-2018, 08:26 AM   #16
David0226
David0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watchDavid0226 is clearly one to watch

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nook Glowlight Plus, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
"UnlockTimeout" appears to be the number of seconds to display the "Swipe to unlock" message that owners of the Forma love. I don't recommend setting this to 1
The value for UnlockTimeout appears to be in 1/100 of a second. So, 100 (1 second) would likely be the absolute minimum this value should be set to.

My six year old with Downs Syndrome has figured out how to turn on my Aura One and she likes to play with it, losing my place in my book in the process. Thank you so much for finding this hidden "feature". I can certainly see how some (most) would think it is an annoyance, but for me, I anticipate it being a great help.
David0226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 02:06 PM   #17
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Installed on my original Aura and at first blush everything seems to be running as it should.

I'm happy fullscreen has been enabled and I like that I can just dismiss the header or footer for kepubs.

Is it possible via patching to shrink the footer by half or even two thirds? I like the info it contains, but leaving it on just takes too much space.

Nook displays the same info in its footer, but it is much less of a space hog.
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2018, 02:37 PM   #18
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Installed on my original Aura and at first blush everything seems to be running as it should.

I'm happy fullscreen has been enabled and I like that I can just dismiss the header or footer for kepubs.

Is it possible via patching to shrink the footer by half or even two thirds? I like the info it contains, but leaving it on just takes too much space.
If you're already using some of the patches, look for the one named 'Custom reading footer style' in nickel.yaml.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 02:45 PM   #19
Claude_C
Evangelist
Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe & Paperwhite 11th gen
A silly question maybe, but...

If I previously updated my Clara HD with the generic Mark 7 with the latest firmware before this update (4.11.11982), is it safe to update it now with the firmware 4.12.12111 expressly intended for the Clara HD ?

EDIT : Well, to answer my question... yes, it's safe. Great to see that the refreshing got fixed.

Last edited by Claude_C; 12-13-2018 at 02:58 PM.
Claude_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:31 PM   #20
kansaskyle
Addict
kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & Forma, Kindle Voyage, PW, and Oasis 3
For the UnlockEnabled=false setting, is the file I need to update \.kobo\Kobo\Kobo eReader.conf?

If so, is there a special text editor I need to use because in Notepad it looks like all the text flows together as shown below.

(click for larger image)

When I tried to add a carriage return and put in the UnlockEnabled=false line, it looks like it just added it to the FullscreenCoverStretch entry.

The strange part is when I copy/paste the entries in the file, it appears there are hidden line breaks (expect for the line I tried to add).

[PowerOptions]
AutoColorEnabled=true
ColorSetting=5910
FrontLightLevel=3
FullscreenCoverStretch="true\r\nUnlockEnabled=fals e\r\n
kansaskyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2018, 03:39 PM   #21
ReaLx3m
Groupie
ReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One, Pocketbook Inkpad 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaskyle View Post
For the UnlockEnabled=false setting, is the file I need to update \.kobo\Kobo\Kobo eReader.conf?

If so, is there a special text editor I need to use because in Notepad it looks like all the text flows together as shown below.

(click for larger image)

When I tried to add a carriage return and put in the UnlockEnabled=false line, it looks like it just added it to the FullscreenCoverStretch entry.

The strange part is when I copy/paste the entries in the file, it appears there are hidden line breaks (expect for the line I tried to add).

[PowerOptions]
AutoColorEnabled=true
ColorSetting=5910
FrontLightLevel=3

For config files its best to open with wordpad so the text doesnt flow together, or you could install Notepad++.
ReaLx3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:41 PM   #22
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Yes

Quote:

(click for larger image)

[PowerOptions]
AutoColorEnabled=true
ColorSetting=5910
FrontLightLevel=3
This is because windows expects newlines to be a CRLF (carriage return, then newline), and linux (the kobo) expects newlines to be just LF. Basically any text editor but notepad will handle this fine.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:41 PM   #23
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Kobo Firmware 4.12.12111

Quote:
Yes

Quote:

I think Notepad++ is usually advised as the simplest option. I use TextWrangler.

EDIT: Ah fun three posts at once and I lose. Oh well.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:43 PM   #24
kansaskyle
Addict
kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & Forma, Kindle Voyage, PW, and Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaLx3m View Post
For config files its best to open with wordpad so the text doesnt flow together, or you could install Notepad++.
Thanks @ReaLx3m @geek1011 @Mrs_Often!

Notepad++ helped me fix the issue.
kansaskyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 04:24 PM   #25
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
If you're already using some of the patches, look for the one named 'Custom reading footer style' in nickel.yaml.
Thanks for that. I never messed with the footer patch previously since I used the full screen hack.

Now to just wait until the patches are available.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:26 PM   #26
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Thanks for that. I never messed with the footer patch previously since I used the full screen hack.

Now to just wait until the patches are available.
Patches will be out in an hour. I just started them.

Also, @jackie_w, your dictionary pop-up frame size increase patch is broken and needs to be updated.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:27 PM   #27
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Any chance Overdrive integration with an H2O works in this version?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 04:46 PM   #28
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Also, @jackie_w, your dictionary pop-up frame size increase patch is broken and needs to be updated.
Yes, I know. Kobo removed even more code from the relevant CSS stream ... again!

I've got a prototype replacement which I'm testing now. I can't remove the "wasted" footer space anymore, but it's the best I can come up with at the moment. I'll PM you once I've tested it a bit more.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 04:55 PM   #29
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Patches will be out in an hour. I just started them.
Thanks for the quick work on the patches!

I wish Nook software had this sort of dedication. I love my Nooks but the software is a mess.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:11 PM   #30
geek1011
Wizard

Patches have been released