Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-13-2022, 04:26 PM   #1186
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by criscros View Post
Is that in the plugin settings somewhere?
@ownedbycats is referring to this command/option.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	194357  
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 04:37 PM   #1187
criscros
Fulltime reader
criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
@ownedbycats is referring to this command/option.
No, I don't use that, just the regular add to default list and it adds the entire series. But I tried using it, added the series, then removed all those books from the list. When I went back to the single add to default list, it just added the one book. Guess something got crossed up somewhere and maybe that fixed it? Not sure because it only seems to happen when I add a new book, then add that book to the reading list and the book I've been using isn't really new anymore.
Thanks for the help!
criscros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 04:55 PM   #1188
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
New Test Version

2022-06-10
- "Restore sort after viewing list" option added as per capink's contribution.
So did anyone (other than capink) have an opinion about this?

Otherwise I'll release it in a few days.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 05:39 PM   #1189
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
So did anyone (other than capink) have an opinion about this?

Otherwise I'll release it in a few days.
So far the option to restore the sort order is working.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 12:05 PM   #1190
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New Version Released

Version 1.10.0 - 16 Jun 2022
- "Restore sort after viewing list" option added as per capink's contribution.
Old 06-17-2022, 07:53 AM   #1191
gerhaher
Enthusiast
gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Sage
Why can't I resize (vertically) the 'Customize plugin...'-popup window?

The window opens up so tall that I can not see the bottom, (unless I change Calibres fontsize to 6 and move task bar to the side).
gerhaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 11:00 AM   #1192
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version

- RL: Allow config dialog to scroll so it can resize smaller

The dialog was resize-able, but there was a minimum height based on the size of the contents. Changing to allow the dialog to scroll if sized smaller is pretty easy, though.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 06-25-2022 at 04:16 PM.
Old 06-17-2022, 11:11 AM   #1193
gerhaher
Enthusiast
gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!

Quote:
New Test Version

- RL: Allow config dialog to scroll so it can resize smaller

The dialog was resize-able, but there was a minimum height based on the size of the contents. Changing to allow the dialog to scroll if sized smaller is pretty easy, though.
Thanks, that was better.

But not perfect. I can only see the upper part of the OK and Cancel buttons at the bottom (though they are clickable).
Old 06-17-2022, 11:14 AM   #1194
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerhaher View Post
Thanks, that was better.

But not perfect. I can only see the upper part of the OK and Cancel buttons at the bottom (though they are clickable).
The OK/Cancel are outsize the scroll area deliberately. Just resize dialog smaller and move it up.
Old 06-17-2022, 11:18 AM   #1195
gerhaher
Enthusiast

Quote:
The OK/Cancel are outsize the scroll area deliberately. Just resize dialog smaller and move it up.
Aaah. Got it.
Old 06-25-2022, 04:16 PM   #1196
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Version Released

Version 1.11.0 - 25 Jun 2022
- Allow config dialog to scroll so it can resize smaller
Old 06-29-2022, 08:00 AM   #1197
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Attached here is a version to make the new restore sort work under PyQt6. I think also the changes below are needed for other parts of the plugin.

Qt.PartiallyChecked > Qt.CheckState.PartiallyChecked
Qt.Checked > Qt.CheckState.Checked
Qt.Unchecked > Qt.CheckState.Unchecked

For some reason, those did not work for me in the restore sort code. I have to resort to using the boolean isChecked() method instead.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Reading List.zip (116.6 KB, 77 views)

Last edited by capink; 06-29-2022 at 08:31 AM.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 06:34 PM   #1198
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Thanks for pointing this out. I may be a day or two before I can look at it myself.
Old 06-30-2022, 10:14 AM   #1199
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Jimm
I gave noticed a number of times that 'Reading List' has (leftover/Standing) things to process that users forgot about setting up.

Is it possible to have an Alternate Toolbar Icon when this is true?
(add/overlay a clock face, book... to the standard icon)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 02:26 PM   #1200
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by capink View Post
Attached here is a version to make the new restore sort work under PyQt6. I think also the changes below are needed for other parts of the plugin.

Qt.PartiallyChecked > Qt.CheckState.PartiallyChecked
Qt.Checked > Qt.CheckState.Checked
Qt.Unchecked > Qt.CheckState.Unchecked

For some reason, those did not work for me in the restore sort code. I have to resort to using the boolean isChecked() method instead.
Unfortunately, just doing a global find and replace to these breaks back compatibility to calibre 2 and 3. Cursory testing shows it does work with calibre 4 & 5.

From https://calibre-ebook.com/dynamic/calibre-usage
Usage share by major version
5 78.0%
4 8.7%
3 9.0%
2 2.9%
1 0.8%
0 0.6%

I hesitate to drop cal 3 support when it out numbers cal 4.

capink's report of needing isChecked() is also concerning, but offers an incentive to not use Qt.CheckState.

Changing everything to isChecked() and setChecked(True/False) instead of using the Qt.CheckState values would be fine, I think, except for FavouriteMenu's use of PartiallyChecked. I think all other references to PartiallyChecked in the kiwidude plugins I maintain are unused and can be removed.

That doesn't address all the other kiwidude plugins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Jimm
I gave noticed a number of times that 'Reading List' has (leftover/Standing) things to process that users forgot about setting up.

Is it possible to have an Alternate Toolbar Icon when this is true?
(add/overlay a clock face, book... to the standard icon)
I don't understand what you mean. Regardless, I'd probably accept a patch for that, but I'm not interested in adding it myself.