Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-14-2021, 06:22 AM   #406
EveRman
EveRman began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mactire View Post
I just got a Pocketbook Color and the minimum screen brightness is much brighter than my previous, the Touch HD 2.

I'd very much like an option to dim the light further to read at night.
Whenever I turn off the unit, the light dimms below the lowest setting before shutting down, so my guess it's possible with a firmware update.

Otherwise perhaps add a 'nightlight' feature. I can imagine a setting where the brightness bar (100% to 1%) is replaced by another, adjusting from 1% to near 0%.

Right now the Color is not usable for me at night.
Hello.
A little bit off topic, but I want to ask. Your model perhaps is PB633. Can you tell can you use the reader in black and white mode?
EveRman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:22 PM   #407
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveRman View Post
Hello.
A little bit off topic, but I want to ask. Your model perhaps is PB633. Can you tell can you use the reader in black and white mode?
No, there isn't such modality.

You could use KOReader that doesn't still support colors but, apart the vast ensemble of choices that it offers, the Kaleido level is still there with it little points.

The two color Pocketbook models don't offer warm light because it would change the colors.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 03:03 PM   #408
heksesang
heksesang began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
I'd like to be able to filter the library based on the read status of the books – something like an unread books category. At least I haven’t been able to find such a feature on my Touch HD 3.
heksesang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 10:53 AM   #409
mchack
mchack began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3g keyboard
Inkpad X Software version U1040.6.3.798 here.
The Feature I miss most, is the ability to disable the touchscreen and just use the hardware buttons.
mchack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 01:07 PM   #410
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchack View Post
Inkpad X Software version U1040.6.3.798 here.
The Feature I miss most, is the ability to disable the touchscreen and just use the hardware buttons.
On my Inkpad Color I see the feature:
Settings > Personalize > Key Mapping > PDF and DjVu or (and) EPUB FB2 and Others > Menu (Double Press) > and then You can choose Touch Screen lock.

I don't know if the feature exist also with Inkpad X but try if You find it.

Edit: software U741.6.3.560

Last edited by ps67; 07-13-2021 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Edit: software U741.6.3.560
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 03:12 PM   #411
mchack
mchack began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3g keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
On my Inkpad Color I see the feature:
Settings > Personalize > Key Mapping > PDF and DjVu or (and) EPUB FB2 and Others > Menu (Double Press) > and then You can choose Touch Screen lock.

I don't know if the feature exist also with Inkpad X but try if You find it.

Edit: software U741.6.3.560
I knew about this option in other Pocketbook readers but try as I might I've not found this option on my Inkpad X ...
until now ...

on the Button "Backward (Hold)" _and only there_ is the option to touch screen lock
finally I'm so happy right now. Thank you, for making me look yet again and trying all the buttons.
mchack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 01:14 PM   #412
Partycrash00
Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.Partycrash00 is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Pocketbook Touch Lux, Pocketbook Ultra
cbz metadata

I would like if metadata from cbz could be used. (Either from ZIP Comments or ComicInfo.xml like described here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=264710)

Especially for the Pocketbook Inkpad Color more than welcome.
Partycrash00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 03:09 AM   #413
el Jueppo
el Jueppo began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
I wish I could filter the library with the books already read.
el Jueppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 12:04 PM   #414
martink77
martink77 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.martink77 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.martink77 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.martink77 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.martink77 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.martink77 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.martink77 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.martink77 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.martink77 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.martink77 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.martink77 seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: PB Inkpad 3 Pro, Kobo Aura H20
I just got my first Pocketbook e-reader (3 Pro), after using Kobo for years. It is great, but one feature is soooo missing: customizable touch areas to flip pages. In Kobo there were several options (bottom half - forward, upper half - back would be great). Now, when holding the reader quite low, by the corner, I keep flipping back instead of forward with my thumb.
And the other feature: remote. I hope 3 Pro will get it, since HD3 got it.
martink77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 02:08 PM   #415
finitol
finitol began at the beginning.

Device: Tagus lux 2015
inkpad X last firmware here.

I wish to get nightmode. Seems something incredible that ain't that feature
finitol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 05:43 PM   #416
Sedennial
Sedennial began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20 (1st Ed), Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook Era
Having used my Era now for 6 weeks, my main feature requests are as follows:
  1. Filter books that are 'read' or 'completed'.
  2. Remember per book font sizes, margins, and justification.
Sedennial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 09:00 AM   #417
hardy67
hardy67 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad Color
Inkpad Color. Possibility to lock the device with a PIN (or anything). To keep the kids away.

(I know settings can be locked.)
hardy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 03:05 PM   #418
einor
einor began at the beginning.

Device: PB Era
The manual for my Era describe the "Screen Calibration" function, which is not in the latest firmware.
einor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 08:51 PM   #419
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Lock rotation to Portrait + Fullscreen Browser

I'm new to Pocketbook Era.

- I'd like the device to rotate only in Portrait mode (i don't use landscape mode often). It is annoying, especially when you read lying down. (I also have an Onyx Boox Leaf, which does this)

- I'm also reading on some online Calibre-web server (not using the reader app of the device), but the browser, so I'd like to make it fullscreen - without the status bar being visible.

nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 09:07 PM   #420
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Day 2 with Pocketbook Era

- I would like to request "popup footnote"
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote