Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-29-2022, 07:23 AM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yes, unless amazon changes something by august, which is highly unlikely.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 06:32 AM   #17
mjfriedman
Connoisseur
mjfriedman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
THIRD UPDATE: Having Calibre add the word CONVERT to email subject lines seems to assure that EPUB files arrive at my Kindle. Featured Article navigation is lost though...
mjfriedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 12:27 PM   #18
monophoto
Connoisseur
monophoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monophoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monophoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monophoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monophoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monophoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monophoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monophoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monophoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monophoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monophoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Amazon Fire HD8 (2020)
UPDATE

I tried another transfer - this time the document was a Garmin GPS User's Manual in pdf form.

I tried converting it to EPUB. Amazon wouldn't accept the transfer from Calibre.

I tried converting it to MOBI. Amazon wouldn't accept the transfer from Calibre.

I tried sending the EPUB, MOBI and PDF versions in the Calibre directory via a direct e-mail (not the Calibre e-mailing function). That didn't work, and there was no message of any kind form Amazon.

I tried sending the EPUB version from the Calibre directory via a direct e-mail. Amazon rejected it.

I tried sending the MOBI version from the Calibre directory via a direct e-mail. Amazon also rejected it but sent me the advisory about MOBI being deprecated.

I tried sending the PDF from the Calibre directory via a direct e-mail. That version went through although I receive a message from Amazon that the transmission had failed.

Finally, I tried sending the original PDF as downloaded from the Garmin site via a direct e-mail. That version was also receive, but again with a transmission failure message from Amazon.

I tried again to deal with the Amazon chat people - and they were even worse than my first attempt (I didn't think that could be possible).

With this kind of performance, I'm amazed that Amazon is still in business.
monophoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 06:59 PM   #19
mjfriedman
Connoisseur
mjfriedman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
NYT and Economist came through for me today, albeit with a less useful t/c. Arts & Letters and Daily and Times of Israel were rejected
mjfriedman is offline   Reply With Quote