Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-06-2018, 10:18 AM   #1
wlashack
wlashack began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Someone helps with regex, please?

Hello,
In my ebooks I need to Find/Replace every "one-character word plus the space behind it" by the "one-character word and the non-breaking space behind it".

The list of one-character words is: s z k v a i o u

I think regex in Find/Replace is the way but it is out of my logic capabilities. Can someone experienced in regex wtite me the code to put in the Find and Rerplace fields in Sigil?

Thanks a lot.
wlashack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:30 AM   #2
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
One of the possible solutions:

Find:
Code:
(?<=\s[szkvaiou])\s+
Replace:
Code:
&nbsp;
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2018, 10:41 AM   #3
wlashack

Thanks a lot, it works!
Old 04-06-2018, 12:11 PM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I think that may have replaced
space-character-space
with
space-character-nonbreakingspace
instead of
nonbreakingspace-character-space.

Or else I've not understood the regex properly.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 12:16 PM   #5
wlashack

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I think that may have replaced
space-character-space
with
space-character-nonbreakingspace
instead of
nonbreakingspace-character-space.

Or else I've not understood the regex properly.
I do not understand regex, but it works well. It replaces the space after a one-character word by nonbreakinspace.
Advert
Old 04-06-2018, 12:43 PM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
In that case, I understood it correctly. Thanks.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote