Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-11-2014, 04:30 PM   #1
harristoyles
twentyreader
harristoyles began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Exclamation Windows not recognizing my Aura?

When I plug the Aura into my laptop Windows simply refuses to acknowledge its existence. No pop saying unrecognized device or anything. The kobo will pop up with an option to connect to pc or cancel and after selecting connect, still nothing. The device isn't old and I'm using the original cable that came with it. I don't have any other cables that fit with me to try. I've tried it on two computers, both with the same result. The device is charging fine, I've tried turning it off and on as well. It just wont talk to anything! Please help!
harristoyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:22 PM   #2
meeera
Wizard
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O2, iPadMini4, MBP; support AuraHD,Kindle,KAura
Assuming you've done the basics like power cycled both devices and tried a different USB slot, a logical next step (as you identify) is to try a different cable.

MicroUSB is a very common cable, used to charge most mobile phones and various other devices. If you don't have another already in the house (or in the house of friends/neighbours), they should be available in a lot of shops.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2014, 11:38 PM   #3
harristoyles
twentyreader
harristoyles began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Dug up another cable that didn't work, then did a factory reset on the kobo and tried again which seems to have fixed the problem.
harristoyles is offline   Reply With Quote