Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-10-2021, 01:17 PM   #1
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Is there a way to sync (with say, syncthing) all settings, and history across devices

I read on my samsung s6 tablet, my kindle paperwhite and occasionally my ubuntu laptop.

I use syncthing to keep the document folder completely in sync.

I've noticed when I open a new book on one device, and then decide I want to read it on another, I have to re-open it on each device to get it to show up in history. I prefer using History view to quickly jump between books.

Is there anyway to set up syncthing to sync the history/koreader settings between devices? Which files/folders would I want to sync? And is this a bad idea for some reason?

Ideally I could decide I want to open book X on device Y and have book X populated across all history views on all devices.
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 02:09 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
IIRC, the history stores absolute references to the filepaths, so, no, not without some "help".
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert