Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 12-30-2020, 06:45 PM   #16
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichnilatis View Post
You mean I can make the file with Notepad with just the above mentioned text for ocr?

One more question: Why there are only two options for the text language? What should be the second option instead of "Chinese"? Each user has to make the change manually in the defaults.lua?
That's correct, while you could copy the whole file it's much clearer if you only put in the lines you've changed.

With regard to the OCR, it's not the most polished feature. An ereader is not a very powerful device, so we only feed the OCR engine very tiny parts of the page. It can be nice for the occasional use, but if you know in advance it might be better to do the OCR on your PC first. It'll do it a heck of a lot faster.

A lack of spaces in Greek certainly sounds odd. We'll have to check what's up with that. Not detecting spaces properly can sometimes happen in the Latin alphabet with italics, so I didn't think much of it.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 09:17 AM   #17
ichnilatis
Enthusiast
ichnilatis began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
I finally upload the screenshots I mentioned.

I still can't understand why there are only two options for the text language? What should be the second option instead of "Chinese"? Each user has to make the change manually in the defaults.lua?

You're right, Frenzie, about ocr in ereaders and I understand this weakness. I just mean to use this feature for occasional use. Also it's very useful just to highlight an unrecognized text.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Reader_2020-12-31_150556.png
Views:	19
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	184393   Click image for larger version

Name:	Reader_2020-12-31_150914.png
Views:	16
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	184394   Click image for larger version

Name:	Reader_2020-12-31_150935.png
Views:	15
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	184395  

Last edited by ichnilatis; 12-31-2020 at 09:25 AM. Reason: completion
ichnilatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2020, 09:29 AM   #18
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
As I said, it's a lack of polish for that particular feature. There isn't really a reason other than that the person who implemented it isn't an active contributor anymore.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 09:45 AM   #19
ichnilatis
Enthusiast
ichnilatis began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
As I said, it's a lack of polish for that particular feature. There isn't really a reason other than that the person who implemented it isn't an active contributor anymore.
Ο.Κ. Thank you very much for your help and your patience with me.
ichnilatis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ocr