Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-13-2021, 01:40 PM   #376
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal
Anghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Went for the Kobo Forma. The shop only had two in stock. First had that damn hard power button. Second was perfect. Lucky me.

Thanks all!!

Last edited by Anghirrim; 01-13-2021 at 01:43 PM.
Anghirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 02:28 PM   #377
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
The power button is pretty firm by design, given its location .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2021, 03:37 PM   #378
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal
Anghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
The power button is pretty firm by design, given its location .
Yeah, the first one was pretty impossible to trigger. Second was still firm, but at least manageable. I guess this has to do with the position and the waterproof certification.
Anghirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 06:34 PM   #379
melksnor
Goodest E-Reader
melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 500 / Kindle 5th / Kindle PW4
How do I restore KOReaders default settings? Should I just download the zip again and copy over the existing koreader directory?

Somehow hold-presses are no longer bringing up the dictionary, and the file browser is also a bit wonky, for most folders it says there are items, but when I navigate in them, there's nothing there.
melksnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 06:49 PM   #380
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Copying over the existing directory will keep your settings. You'd either have to delete it completely, or only delete reader.settings.lua and the settings subdirectory. That being said, take a look in settings → highlight action to see what it's set to first.

Quote:
the file browser is also a bit wonky, for most folders it says there are items, but when I navigate in them, there's nothing there.
The system doesn't dive into subdirectories for performance reasons, so it's arguably better not to list any number at all. The number of items is all that can be known more or less for free, not whether they can be opened.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2021, 07:59 PM   #381
melksnor
Goodest E-Reader
melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melksnor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 500 / Kindle 5th / Kindle PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by melksnor View Post
How do I restore KOReaders default settings? Should I just download the zip again and copy over the existing koreader directory?

Somehow hold-presses are no longer bringing up the dictionary, and the file browser is also a bit wonky, for most folders it says there are items, but when I navigate in them, there's nothing there.
Found my answer, mostly:

1) You can reinstall from kual > koreader > tools
2) however, the setting was not a koreader global setting, but a book setting: I had set highlight_disabled = true. I thought that would just disable creating highlights, but it disables dictionary as well. Koreader saves lua files next to the book file.
3) I think the library not showing the books is because they are awz3 files
melksnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 04:19 PM   #382
EastEriq
Connoisseur
EastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipediaEastEriq knows more than wikipedia

Device: Cybook Orizon, PocketBook Touch HD
On my PB631 I observe a very mildly annoying behaviour of koreader - If the reader is turned on with "open last book" tagged, and the last book was opened by koreader, then koreader opens without refreshing the screen, giving rise to bad ghosting. Only in this case ghosting ever gets to a level which at all bothers me; and anyway one forced page refresh just restores the rendering as it should.

I've opened a ticket at https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/7164 .

Out of curiosity, any other PB owner observes anything the like? I.e. is it a poor waveform tuning on my specific reader, a problem with 631 (as I recall from work of the past months, low level calls required a set of quirks before they worked reliably on its specific kernel), or a more general problem of KoR on PBs?
EastEriq is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, epub, koreader, pdf