Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 11-14-2020, 02:55 PM   #3226
Markismus
Guru
Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: HiSenseA5ProCC, OnyxNotePro, lots of cracked Kobo's
It is a bit faster, was necessary for older Koreader version, but nowadays isn't. The dict-file can be zipped with dictzip* to dict.dz-file. (See line 1333 of PocketBookDic.pl.)

I've reupped the Oxford 2nd Ed with compressed dict.dz-file. It easier to decompress than to compress. The script also removed all the nested blockquotes, that needed extra styling in Koreader.

Last edited by Markismus; 11-20-2020 at 09:35 AM.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 05:09 AM   #3227
gogu1904
Connoisseur
gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura One LE
Thank you. Where did you reupload? The link from post #3221 has the same archive, with the expanded file.
gogu1904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 09:36 AM   #3228
Markismus
Guru
Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.Markismus is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: HiSenseA5ProCC, OnyxNotePro, lots of cracked Kobo's
I had to change online cloud storage providers. I've updated the link. It's now here. And I'll unshare the old cloud share.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 07:20 PM   #3229
mirage
Zealot
mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: OnePlus 6 phone, Kobo Clara HD, Libra H2O
I've never been able to log into my Wallabag server. The server settings in KOReader are the same ones I've been using to access the Wallabag page in a browser window on my computer or in my phone app. I'm running my own Wallabag instance on my web server. Could that be a factor?

The toast messages I get are "Could not login to Wallabag server." and "Communication with server failed."
mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 07:30 PM   #3230
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I'm not sure why that one doesn't include the error code.

https://github.com/koreader/koreader.../main.lua#L591

You could try quickly replacing that line with this so we know what the server's saying:
[code] text = "Response code: "..code, })

Given your other message, it'll probably be something like 401 unauthorized though.

Could you double check the wallabag settings in a text editor on your PC? That's in /mnt/onboard/.adds/koreader/settings/wallabag.lua.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 08:14 PM   #3231
mirage
Zealot
mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
I'm not sure why that one doesn't include the error code.

https://github.com/koreader/koreader.../main.lua#L591

You could try quickly replacing that line with this so we know what the server's saying:
[code] text = "Response code: "..code, })

Given your other message, it'll probably be something like 401 unauthorized though.

Could you double check the wallabag settings in a text editor on your PC? That's in /mnt/onboard/.adds/koreader/settings/wallabag.lua.
The wallabag.lua settings are as they should be. Interestingly, there's a URL in the download queue representing the most recent page I saved to Wallabag a few days ago. So there's some sort of connection being made. I don't think I've ever seen anything in the download queue there before.

EDIT: I had a typo related to copying and pasting the code you provided into main.lua. I fixed it in the KOReader editor and now Wallabag is still present in the menu. But I get the same error messages I was getting to begin with. I'm not getting the toast that I'd have anticipated with

Code:
text = "Response code: "..code, })

Last edited by mirage; 01-09-2021 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-09-2021, 02:45 PM   #3232
mirage
Zealot

I got this working for reasons I don't really understand.

Since the code in main.lua that was displaying the two error message toasts I was getting were in lines 390 and 603, I commented the original code out of those lines and replaced it with your suggested

Code:
text = "Response code: "..code, })
Then, when I asked the Wallabag plugin to download articles, it did. Strange since I was only editing the messages that would pop up in the events triggered for those two lines, not the processing of the events themselves. But now, for the first time, I have 30 articles in my /Wallabag directory.
Old 01-09-2021, 05:42 PM   #3233
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
There must've been a communication issue then. Did you try something else like Wikipedia at the time?
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 06:23 PM   #3234
mirage
Zealot

I don't remember if, in the past, I've tried other online connections after Wallabag had failed. But I have successfully connected to sources like Wikipedia before while I'd never succeeded in connecting to Wallabag after at least 25-30 tries over the last 6 months or so.

Works now, though. I'll see if it keeps working after the next update of KOReader overwrites my edits to main.lua. Right now, I'm on the current nightly. I'll update in the next couple of days and will see what happens.