Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-14-2021, 06:41 AM   #1
lrpirlet
Connoisseur
lrpirlet began at the beginning.

Location: Belgium (sorry, I am from the Walloon side of the country and I speak french only)
Device: PW3, Kobo Libra H2O
[Metadata Source Plugin] noosfere DB

[Metadata Source Plugin] noosfere DB

This plugin gets the metadata for books from the noosfere site.

The noosfere site
The noosfere site says in french: "nooSFere est une association régie par la loi de 1901, à but non lucratif. Elle a pour but de promouvoir la science-fiction parue en langue francaise, essentiellement au travers de ce site web."

This translate to: "nooSFere is a non-profit association governed by the law of 1901. Its aim is to promote science fiction published in the French language, mainly through this website."

The noosfere site is NOT selling any books, it is a huge source of information about books and volumes (a volume being a particular edition of the book where isbn, cover, publisher may be different between the volumes of a same book)

Note: this site is written in French about books/volumes written in French for French speaking readers.

Main Features

I choose to include in the volume's comment, the resume (quatrième de couverture), the critics and the table of content (sommaire). Optionally, one can include in the comments some other information such as awards attached to the book, film made out of the books, etc.... (provided the info is available. )

I choose to have all link working as noosfere propose a lot more information. I find it invaluable when I build a catalogue.
  • Can retrieve title, author, comments, publisher, publication date, series and tags.
  • Fetches the cover related to the volume, NOT all the possible covers related to the book.
  • There is no official identifier for noosfere. I choose to create an identifier (nsfr_id) made of the book and the volume reference in the noosfere DB: bk$numeric$vl$numeric… the initial idea was to be able to access both the book and the volumes. Because I could not make an interactive choice, the need for the BK$numeric part became useless, I made no effort to keep it… VL$numeric is quite enough to uniquely refer to the volume.
  • I did write it to learn python. I have absolutely no intend to learn python 2. So this is working with calibre version 5… Minimum requirement calibre_version = (5, 11, 0)

Installation Notes:
  • Download the attached zip file and install the plugin as described in the Introduction to plugins thread.
  • Alternatively, copy the zip file, unzip it in a dedicated folder, get the needed privileges and execute the register.bat (linux people can read the register.bat file and sudo the content)
  • Note that this is not a GUI plugin so it is not intended/cannot be added to context menus/toolbars etc.
  • Configure the plugin.

Configuration:
Several options to modify/tune the behaviour off the plugin.
  • Debug level or "Loquacité du journal" set it to 7 for a max of info, I set it to 3 as this is where I get most of the misbehaviours
  • "Priorité de tri". When a book reference dispatch to several volumes, I try to prioritize the best specimen. I usually like to get a volume with a maximum of info and an isbn… But for some text, I like to get something different.
  • Impose un éditeur or force a publisher. If this field contains the exact publisher name (including upper case and/or special characters) as in noosfere, the volume picked will be from that publisher. I have it blank most of the time.
  • A few tick boxes to select what additional info wanted in the comment (if it exist in noosfere )
  • Last but not least, "ajoute collection et son numéro d'ordre au champ éditeur" will add the publisher collection and the collection serial to the publisher field in calibre. Read README publisher_collection_seriel-code (or LIS-MOI editeur_collection_seriel-code) in the zip file.

Sources:
https://github.com/lrpirlet/cal-noosfere.git

Noosfere_util, a companion plugin
I have developped a plugin that will allow a user of noosfere DB to choose in an internet browser the edition he best like. The plugin will write the nsfr_id of the selected lines according to the user choice. The modified lines will be put in a set whose metadata can be downloaded via noosfere DB. Finaly, if the user has requested overloading the publisher field, a utility will dispatch the information... see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...00#post4208700

Since version 1.0.0, noosfere_util is less important: see explanation

Last comment:
This work is open source… I enjoyed writing it, if you feel like this work should be retributed, choose a charity and give them some with a mention like "Thanks to Louis Richard" or "Merci à Louis Richard" or some similar in your language. That will build up my (unpublished) reputation… ��

What charity? My worse nightmares involve fire, so I give for deeply burn children… My wife is afraid of cancer so she gives to cancer research, we both feel bad about starving people so we give to "resto du Coeur"…

Sadly, there is always someone who needs help and who will not be able to pay back (except maybe with a thought for the unknown who helped). So there is plenty of choice.

En Français
Spoiler:
Ce plugin récupère les métadonnées des livres du site noosfere.

Le site noosfere
Le site noosfere dit: "nooSFere est une association régie par la loi de 1901, à but non lucratif. Elle a pour but de promouvoir la science-fiction parue en langue française, essentiellement au travers de ce site web."

Le site noosfere ne vend PAS de livres, c'est une énorme source d'informations pour les livres et les volumes (un volume étant une édition particulière du livre où l'isbn, la couverture, l'éditeur peuvent être différents entre les volumes d'un même livre).

Note : ce site est écrit en français sur des livres/volumes écrits en français pour des lecteurs francophones.

Caractéristiques principales

J'ai choisi d'inclure dans les commentaires, le quatrième de couverture, les critiques et le sommaire. En option, on peut inclure dans les commentaires d'autres informations telles que les prix obtenus, les films réalisés à partir des récits, etc..... (à condition que ces informations soient disponibles).

J'ai choisi de faire fonctionner tous les liens car noosfere propose beaucoup plus d'informations. Je trouve cela inestimable lorsque je construis un catalogue.
  • Peut récupérer le titre, l'auteur, les commentaires, l'éditeur, la date de publication, la série et les tags.
  • Récupère la couverture liée au volume, PAS toutes les couvertures possibles liées au livre.
  • Il n'y a pas d'identifiant officiel pour noosfere. J'ai choisi de créer un identifiant (nsfr_id) composé de la référence du livre et du volume dans la BD noosfere : bk$numeric$vl$numeric... l'idée initiale était de pouvoir accéder à la fois au livre et aux volumes. Comme je ne pouvais pas faire un choix interactif, le besoin de la partie BK$numeric est devenu inutile, je n'ai pas fait d'effort pour la garder... VL$numeric est bien suffisant pour référencer le volume de façon unique.
  • Je l'ai écrit pour apprendre python. Je n'ai absolument pas l'intention d'apprendre python 2. Donc cela fonctionne avec calibre version 5... Configuration minimale calibre_version = (5, 11, 0)

Notes d'installation :
  • Téléchargez le fichier zip ci-joint et installez le plugin comme décrit dans le fil de discussion Introduction aux plugins.
  • Alternativement, copiez le fichier zip, décompressez-le dans un dossier dédié, obtenez les privilèges nécessaires et exécutez le register.bat (sous linux, le fichier register.bat et sudo le contenu).
  • Notez qu'il ne s'agit pas d'un plugin GUI et qu'il n'est donc pas destiné à être ajouté aux menus contextuels/barres d'outils, etc.
  • Configurez le plugin.

Configuration :
  • Plusieurs options pour modifier/régler le comportement du plugin.
  • Debug level or "Loquacité du journal" set it to 7 for a max of info, I set it to 3 as this is where I get most of the misbehaviours.
  • "Priorité de tri. Lorsqu'un livre a pour références plusieurs volumes, j'essaie de donner la priorité au meilleur spécimen. J'aime généralement obtenir un volume avec un maximum d'infos et un isbn... Mais pour certains ouvrages, j'aime obtenir quelque chose de différent.
  • Imposer un éditeur ou forcer un éditeur. Si ce champ contient le nom exact de l'éditeur (y compris les majuscules et/ou les caractères spéciaux) comme dans noosfere, le volume choisi sera de cet éditeur. Je le laisse vide la plupart du temps.
  • Quelques cases à cocher pour sélectionner les informations supplémentaires que vous souhaitez voir figurer dans le commentaire (si elles existent dans noosfere).
  • Enfin, "ajoute collection et son numéro d'ordre au champ éditeur" ajoutera la collection de l'éditeur et le numéro d'ordre de la collection au champ éditeur dans calibre. Lisez le README publisher_collection_seriel-code (ou LIS-MOI editeur_collection_seriel-code) dans le fichier zip.

Sources :
https://github.com/lrpirlet/cal-noosfere.git

Noosfere_util, un plugin compagnon
J'ai développé un plugin qui permettra à un utilisateur de noosfere DB de choisir dans un navigateur internet l'édition qui lui convient le mieux. Le plugin écrira les nsfr_id des lignes sélectionnées en fonction du choix de l'utilisateur. Les lignes modifiées seront placées dans un ensemble dont les métadonnées pourront être téléchargées via noosfere DB. Enfin, si l'utilisateur a demandé de surcharger le champ éditeur, un utilitaire enverra l'information... voir https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...00#post4208700.

Depuis la version 1.0.0, noosfere_util est moins important : voir l'explication

Dernier commentaire :
Ce travail est open source... J'ai pris du plaisir à l'écrire, si vous pensez que ce travail doit être redistribué, choisissez une association caritative et donnez-lui un peu avec une mention comme "Thanks to Louis Richard" ou "Merci à Louis Richard" ou quelque chose de similaire dans votre langue. Cela renforcera ma réputation (non publiée)... ��

Quelle charité ? Mes pires cauchemars impliquent le feu, donc je donne pour les enfants brûlés profondément... Ma femme a peur du cancer donc elle donne à la recherche sur le cancer, nous nous sentons tous les deux mal à l'aise face aux gens qui meurent de faim donc nous donnons au "resto du Coeur"....

Malheureusement, il y a toujours quelqu'un qui a besoin d'aide et qui ne pourra pas rembourser (sauf peut-être avec une pensée pour l'inconnu qui l'a aidé). Il y a donc l'embarras du choix.

Version History:
Spoiler:
version to 0.9.3: initial version
version 0.9.5: documentation
version 0.9.6: better date algorithm
version 1.0.0: implemented
  • get_book_url (used by calibre to convert the identifier to a URL...)
  • id_from_url (takes an URL and extracts the identifier details...)
version 1.2.0 implemented
  • get_book_url now works whatever the character case in the URL
  • vol_serie_seq algorithm improved.

The zip
Attached Files
File Type: zip noosfere DB.zip (244.4 KB, 15540 views)

Last edited by lrpirlet; 05-12-2023 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Announce a new version
lrpirlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 06:45 AM   #2
lrpirlet
Connoisseur

Location: Belgium (sorry, I am from the Walloon side of the country and I speak french only)
My process to dispatch information from extended publisher

Be careful! you're making a mistake? you don't understand me? that's not my problem...
Make a good backup before destroying everything...

You have been warned...

There is no official way to populate user-added columns from a source Metadata extension.
To stay on the road, I decided to give the possibility to extend the field publisher with complementary information.

If we choose this option we will have publisher§collection€seriel-code in the publisher column.

To use this option, I created a column
"collection" (Lookup name: #collection, type: Text, column shown in the Tag browser)
"coll_srl" (Lookup name: #coll_srl, type: Long text, like comments, not shown in the Tag browser
interpret this column as: Short text, like a title)

After the metadata research work, we can rectify by hand ...
OR
use edit metadata in bulk .. !!!.backup.!!!

preparation: use edit metadata in bulk

'Find and replace' tab
search field: publisher
Search for: .*§(.*)€(.*)
Replace with: \2
destination field: #Coll_srl
HERE WE SAVE and we give a name easy to find such as: "from publisher to #coll_str (separator § €)"

'Find and replace' tab
Search for: (.*)§(.*)
Replace with: \ 1
Destination field: Publisher
HERE WE SAVE and we give a name easy to find such as: "from publisher to publisher (we erase everything from €)"

'Find and replace' tab
Search for: .*§(.*)
Replace with: \1
Destination field: #collection
HERE WE SAVE and we give a name easy to find such as: "from publisher to #collection (separator § )"

'Find and replace' tab
Search for: (.*)§(.*)
Replace with: \ 1
Destination field: Publisher
HERE WE SAVE and we give a name easy to find such as: "from publisher to publisher (we erase everything from §)"

We can now take action. Did you make a backup? no? do it...

in Calibre search do search § and € then verify that what we want to rectify is selected and nothing else

edit metadata in bulk
'Find and replace' tab
copy a line from a "Book" box to the "Your test" box
from Load search/replace: choose "from publisher to #coll_srl (separator § €)"
check that the expected result is indeed the one obtained under testing the result ... Apply
ditto with "from publisher to publisher (we erase everything from €)"

in Calibre search do search § then verify that what we want to rectify is selected and nothing else

edit metadata in bulk
'Find and replace' tab
copy a line from a "Book" box to the "Your test" box
from Load search/replace: choose "from publisher to #collection (separator §)"
check that the expected result is indeed the one obtained under testing the result ... Apply
ditto with "from publisher to publisher (we erase everything from §)"

we restore the backup if we screwed up (but we didn't screw up... yeahhh...)
Advert
Old 05-14-2021, 06:49 AM   #3
lrpirlet
Connoisseur

Problem-Solution... Evolution of the plugin

• Got a problem with

Code:
SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: certificate has expired (_ssl.c:1123)
For a possible solution, have a look over entry #7 by PeterT (thanks PeterT)

• Request for improvement: let me chose the volume

Thinks I have been trying to allow the reader to choose what volume to select, that I could NOT solve.

I tried to make the pluggin to display all the volumes... When Calibre finds several metadata about a book, then those metadata do get merged, even if nfsr_id is different... (git branch push_top_vol_indx-from-worker-to-__init__ in the sources)

I tried to make the pluggin display the volumes presentation page to allow the reader to choose the volume... that does not seems possible in the metadata plugin context (git branch interractive_mode_via_spawn_and_que in the sources)

• a possible solution to select a particular volume (more like a workaround)

Set the nsfr_id to point to the desired url... see entry number #8

A new version (V 0.9.5) of this plugin replaced v0.9.3. It is available here while testing goes. This will be removed when I publish version 1.0.0.
I feel it is needed as testing proved that refactoring of choice was a necessity (and a few bugs fixed... and some improvements added).

A new version of this plugin (v 0.9.6) corrects the algoritm for the publication date.

• some new functionality and version (v 1,0,0)

Now, to add or modify an id , just copy and paste the newly selected url on the icon to the left of the ids field in the metadata editor... See the entry #13

• Some new functionality and version (v 1,2,0)

The added functionnality in v1.0.0 wasn't working sometimes due to inconsistencies in the character case ( https://www.noosfere.org/livres/niourf.asp?NumLivre=<nbr> or
https://www.noosfere.org/livres/niourf.asp?numlivre=<nbr> were used ?randomly?)... fixed

I designed a better detection of the numeration of the series that will now give a number when several omnibus editions exists in a series.
vol_serie_seq : (omn1) ==> 0.1
vol_serie_seq : 2a ==> 2.01
vol_serie_seq : 2bis ==> 2 (sorry, I could not think of a way to show "bis" in a float expression that would be unique.)
Accessorily when a book in a series is missing an arrow to point an adjacent volume, this new code bypasses the problem (https://www.noosfere.org/livres/niou...?numlivre=4757)

Code is more modular, less "spaghetti"

Previous versions
Attached Files
File Type: zip noosfere DB (v 0.9.3).zip (196.9 KB, 125 views)
File Type: zip noosfere DB (v 0.9.5).zip (207.4 KB, 103 views)
File Type: zip noosfere DB (v 0.9.6).zip (208.7 KB, 105 views)
File Type: zip noosfere DB (v1.0.0).zip (209.6 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by lrpirlet; 05-12-2023 at 11:12 AM. Reason: more infos about this pluggin
Old 05-14-2021, 06:52 AM   #4
lrpirlet
Connoisseur

Note

I'll do my best to answer any question, to correct any mistakes...

I wrote this in order to teach myself a new language, even if I used to be a hardware engineer understanding rather than writting software... I realize that I may code like a noob, you'll excuse me. I think it works well enough.

However, I make this public as a contribution to this community.

Be warned, I am not as available as I would like and may need some time in order to answer.

Last edited by lrpirlet; 10-08-2021 at 04:19 AM.
Old 09-28-2021, 08:07 AM   #5
Marco24
Marco24 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
Hello

english :
Thanks you lrpirlet !!

that's THE plugin I always wanted

But... I've some issues sometimes : even with the relevant ISBN (ie : the one recorded on the edition I have in the noosfere DB), it's another edition which is selected

So, I propose the following improvment
- to present all editions (with cover, and details already displayed)
and then user can choose the editions he wants

what do you think ?

french:
un énorme merci lrpirlet !!
J'ai toujours recherché ce genre de plugin

il fonctionne très bien, néanmoins, dans certains cas : le plugin me ramène une édition incorrecte (par ex, il me ramène l'éditions Pocket, alors que j'ai dans Calibre l'isbn correspondant à l'éditions Gallimard). j'ai tenté plusieurs paramétrages comme tu l'indiques en haut du thread, mais sans succès (meme en forcant l'éditeur à GALLIMARD, ca n'a pas marché)

sinon, voici une évolution que j'adorerai
- le plugin ramène toutes les éditions présentes dans noosfere et en plus d'afficher le détails, d'afficher la couverture
- l'utilisateur peut ensuite sélectionner l'édition qu'il souhaite

encore bravo et merci pour ce plugin génial

Marco24
Marco24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2021, 09:41 AM   #6
Marco24

Hello,

please note that the plugin is not working today
SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: certificate has expired (_ssl.c:1123)

then, is it possible to also download the price ?
(example : https://www.noosfere.org/livres/niou...vre=2146621053)
Prix obtenus
Hugo, Roman, 1966
Locus, Meilleur roman de tous les temps, 1975
Locus, Meilleur roman de tous les temps, 1987
Locus, Meilleur roman de tous les temps, 1998
Nebula, Roman, 1965

Finally, I'm a member of nossfere association
perhaps can we discuss together in order to deploy API REST ?
Old 10-01-2021, 01:52 PM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
See this post and see if it helps

Quote:
The problem in accessing OverDrive libraries via this plugin is apparently caused by an expired Let's Encrypt certificate used by OverDrive. For some reason an associated expired intermediate certificate has been left behind causing problems with creating a secure connection via Python and therefore calibre under Windows 11.

I was able to resolve this problem on my system by doing the following:

• Click in the Windows search box in the task bar and enter certmgr.msc to open the certificate manager for the current user.

• In the left panel select Certificates under Intermediate Certification Authorities.

• In the right pane scroll down to R3. Double click to open it and note that the Valid from/to dates are both in the past.

• Click OK to close the dialog.

• Press DEL to delete the R3 entry.

• Select YES to confirm deletion.

• Close certmgr.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 10:10 AM   #8
lrpirlet
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco24 View Post
Hello

english :
Thanks you lrpirlet !!

that's THE plugin I always wanted

But... I've some issues sometimes : even with the relevant ISBN (ie : the one recorded on the edition I have in the noosfere DB), it's another edition which is selected

So, I propose the following improvment
- to present all editions (with cover, and details already displayed)
and then user can choose the editions he wants

what do you think ?

french:
un énorme merci lrpirlet !!
J'ai toujours recherché ce genre de plugin

encore bravo et merci pour ce plugin génial

Marco24
Well,

Your proposed improvement is just NOT possible within the context of a plugin. In reality, this was exactly what I was aiming to, but I never was able to display the noosfere recap of all the volume... Probably because the python library does not allow recursivity.

When i discovered that I was getting the wrong volume because the ISBN was common to several volume, I introduced a an identifier (nsfr_id) made of the book and the volume reference in the noosfere DB: bk$numeric$vl$numeric… the initial idea was to be able to access both the book and the volumes. Because I could not make an interactive choice, the need for the BK$numeric part became useless, I made no effort to keep it… VL$numeric is quite enough to uniquely refer to the volume.

example: Boule de foudre de LIU Cixin... has for URL:
https://www.noosfere.org/livres/niou...vre=2146606157

If I want to get the noosfere data from my plugin, I just edit in the metadata the Ids and add "nsfr_id:vl$2146606157" to get this noosfere DB entry.

If Noosfere is finding the wrong one on the first try I edit the nsfr_id so that it contains the page I want.

Hope it helps...
Old 10-02-2021, 12:00 PM   #9
Marco24

Hi PeterT

Many thanks !! it works
Old 10-06-2021, 05:24 AM   #10
lrpirlet
Connoisseur

Quote:

il fonctionne très bien, néanmoins, dans certains cas : le plugin me ramène une édition incorrecte (par ex, il me ramène l'éditions Pocket, alors que j'ai dans Calibre l'isbn correspondant à l'éditions Gallimard). j'ai tenté plusieurs paramétrages comme tu l'indiques en haut du thread, mais sans succès (meme en forcant l'éditeur à GALLIMARD, ca n'a pas marché)

Marco24
Hi Marco24

Since I am back from holidays in front of my real "big" computer, I would like to try to help you. But you got to help me by giving me the reference of the metadata that "fails" you.

I may be able to provide a solution, but I need to get facts. What books (give me an URL in noosfere) fails to return the correct edition when you force the editor to "GALLIMARD"?

In French
Spoiler:

Maintenant que je suis revenu de vacance, je peux examiner ce qui se passe...

Peux-tu me donner la référence du titre du livre qui ne marche pas? Je voudrais voir ce qui se passe et peut-etre apporter une solution.
Old 10-08-2021, 08:24 AM   #11
Marco24

Hi lrpirlet,

In french it would by easier for both of us

je n'ai pas pu retrouver l'ex avec l'éditeur forcé car j'ai entre temps trouvé un moyen de contournement (qui consiste à renseigner dans Calibre, champ ids nsfr_id:bk$aaaa$vl$bbbbbbb en prenant aaaa la réf de l'oeuvre dans l'url noosfere et bbbbbbb la réf de l'édition)

MAIS j'ai trouvé un autre ex qui pourrait peut-être t'intéresser :
en recherchant
Le Monde Lavalite de Philip José FARMER, isbn 2-266-03637-8 :
https://www.noosfere.org/livres/Edit...p?numitem=5085
dans noosfere, j'ai bien 3 résultats (dans cet ex, les couv sont identiques, mais j'avais déjà identifié des isbn identique mais avec des couv différentes, c'est trivial, mais j'y attache son importance LOL)

même en paramétrant le plugin sur l'oeuvre la plus récente (ou d'autres paramètres), le plugin me récupère toujours l'édition de Janvier 1991 et non celle de Décembre 1997

en fait, d'après les logs, en fait, il ne récupère qu'une seule édition, et non les 3 portant le même isbn :
Code:
Running identify query with parameters: 
{'title': 'Le monde Lavalite', 'authors': ['Philip José Farmer'], 'identifiers': {'isbn': '2266036378', 'goodreads': '18191754'}, 'timeout': 30} 
Using plugins: noosfere DB (0, 9, 0) 
The log from individual plugins is below 

****************************** noosfere DB (0, 9, 0) ****************************** 
Found 1 results 
Downloading from noosfere DB took 2.3268990516662598 

--- 
Title               : Le Monde Lavalite
Author(s)           : Philip José Farmer
Publisher           : POCKET
Tags                : Science-Fiction
Series              : Les Faiseurs d'univers / la Saga des Hommes-Dieux #5
Languages           : fra
Published           : 1986-09-14T22:00:00+00:00
Identifiers         : nsfr_id:bk$5085$vl$2146597649, isbn:2266036378
pas grave avec la procédure de contournement mais je tenais à t'en informer

sinon, un truc qui m'intéresserait serait de récupérer les infos sur les prix obtenus et les adaptations TV/films

et pour finir, je suis adhérent de Noosfere :
j'ai parlé de ton plugin à l'asso, du coup, pour éviter que le plugin ne fonctionne plus en cas de changement de l'interface, du module de recherche etc, ca t'intéresserait qu'on mette en place une API ?
Old 10-08-2021, 04:46 PM   #12
lrpirlet
Connoisseur

I guess you did NOT delete the nfsr_id field... In that case, my doc is incomplete

Quote:
Hi lrpirlet,

In french it would by easier for both of us
That is absolutely true... However, I thing we should either move the thread to the french forum.... I have been very frustrated, once, to find an answer in german (I do not understand it ) that was the exact answer to what I was after in the development process...

Allow me to quickly translate your input in the next quote

Quote:

I couldn't find the example with the forced editor because I found a way to get around it (which consists in filling in Calibre, field ids nsfr_id:bk$aaaa$vl$bbbbbbb by taking aaaa the ref of the work in the url noosfere and bbbbbbb the ref of the edition)

BUT I found another example which could perhaps interest you:
searching for
The Lavalite World by Philip José FARMER, isbn 2-266-03637-8 :
https://www.noosfere.org/livres/Edit...p?numitem=5085
in noosfere, I have 3 results (in this example, the covers are identical, but I had already identified identical isbn but with different covers, it is trivial, but I attach importance to it LOL)

even if I set the plugin to the most recent work (or other parameters), the plugin always retrieves the January 1991 edition and not the December 1997 one

in fact, according to the logs, it only retrieves one edition, and not the 3 with the same isbn :
Code:
Running identify query with parameters: 
{ 'title': 'The Lavalite World', 'authors': ['Philip José Farmer'], 'identifiers': { 'isbn': '2266036378', 'goodreads': '18191754'}, 'timeout': 30} 
Using plugins: noosfere DB (0, 9, 0) 
The log from individual plugins is below 

****************************** noosfere DB (0, 9, 0) ****************************** 
Found 1 results 
Downloading from noosfere DB took 2.3268990516662598 

--- 
Title: The Lavalite World
Author(s) : Philip José Farmer
Publisher : POCKET
Tags : Science-Fiction
Series : The Universe Makers / The Saga of the God-Men #5
Languages : fra
Published : 1986-09-14T22:00:00+00:00
Identifiers : nsfr_id:bk$5085$vl$2146597649, isbn:2266036378
not serious with the bypass procedure but I wanted to inform you.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
I guess you did NOT delete the nfsr_id before trying again with some different options...

Please confirm...

If the id field contains any valid nfsr_id, then if will bypass EVERYTHING and go directly to the volume pointed by the nfsr_id. The resulting effect is to overwrite everything, including the title, the author and even the ISBN...

Now, I think that the algorithm that chooses the volume should be better documented. I was aiming to include a maximum of information about the book, and that implies choosing the "best" volume, with some (maybe too) small tuning via the noosfere DB configuration...

Here is the algorithm:
Code:
    def ret_top_vol_indx(self, url, book_title):
        # cette fonction reçoit l'URL du livre qui contient plusieurs volumes du même auteur,
        # dont certains ont le même ISBN et généralement le même titres.
        #
        # Ces volumes diffèrent par l'éditeur, la date d'édition ou de réédition, l'image de couverture, le 4me de couverture, la critique.
        # MON choix se base sur un système de points sur les indications du site
        # résumé présent:                       r   1pt
        # critique présente:                    c   1pt         # semble pas trop correct car CS n'existe pas même si, quand
        # critique de la série                  cs  1pt         # une critique existe, elle est reprise pour tous les volumes
        # sommaire des nouvelles présentes:     s   1pt
        # information vérifiée                  v   1pt
        # titre identique                       t   1pt
        # image présente                        p   1pt
        # isbn présent                          i  50pt         sauf préférence
        # isbn présent et identique a calibre     100pt         sauf préférence
        # le nombre de point sera  augmenté de telle manière a choisir le volume chez l'éditeur le plus représenté... MON choix
        # en cas d'égalité, le plus ancien reçoit la préférence
        #
        # This gets the book's URL, there many volume may be present with (or not) same ISBN, same title.
        # if the book only has one volume, then we bypass ret_top_vol_indx
        #
        # the volumes are different by the publisher, edition's or re-edition's date, cover, resume, critic...
        # MY choice is based on a point system based on the site's flag
        # resume available:                     r   1pt
        # critic available:                     c   1pt         # maybe incorrect as sometimes, when a critic exists
        # series critic:                        cs  1pt         # it is distributed to all volume without indication
        # summary of novel in the book:         s   1pt
        # verified information                  v   1pt
        # same title as requested               t   1pt
        # cover available                       p   1pt
        # isbn available                        i  50pt         unless overwritten by the priority choice
        # isbn available et same as requested     100pt         unless overwritten by the priority choice
        # the score will be increased so that the volume will be chosen to the most present publisher ... MY choice
        # in case of equality the oldest win
        #
If you want a specific volume, then set the corresponding NSFR_id...

Quote:
sinon, un truc qui m'intéresserait serait de récupérer les infos sur les prix obtenus et les adaptations TV/films

et pour finir, je suis adhérent de Noosfere :
j'ai parlé de ton plugin à l'asso, du coup, pour éviter que le plugin ne fonctionne plus en cas de changement de l'interface, du module de recherche etc, ca t'intéresserait qu'on mette en place une API ?
Ok, out of respect for noosfere, I limited myself to the public information, the summary and the reviews... I don't want to break noosfere's income by taking advantage of their sources... in fact I tried to make functional all the URLs included in the texts I pumped in order to redirect the reader to noosfere.

If the association agrees to let me integrate more information, I see only one problem: will I have the time?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Old 08-20-2022, 04:14 PM   #13
lrpirlet
Connoisseur

New functionalities - Nouvelles fonctionnalités

It seems I was missing some functionality by not providing 2 methods:
  1. get_book_url: used by calibre to convert the id to a URL...
  2. id_from_url : takes a URL and extracts the details of the id...

BOTH methods are now implemented...
  1. Now, thanks to get_book_url, we can access the URL directly from calibre :
    • In the details pane, make sure the ids have been selected for display, (Preferences → Interface → Look & feel → Book details...).
    • Click on the id to go to the url page.
    Note that I will not remove the reference in the comment, as I want this information to appear in the catalogs.
  2. Now, thanks to id_from_url, to add or modify an id in the metadata editor, just copy and paste the url on the icon to the left of the ids field in edit metadata one book at the time.

This made noosfere_util a little less necessary, but if I want to distribute the information in the editor, or if I want to clean up the metadata before uploading it (some fields are never deleted, noosfere_util does it). I can always use the noosfere_util web browser to select the exact volume I want...

En Français...

Il semble qu'il manquait de certaines fonctionnalités en ne fournissant pas 2 méthodes :
  1. get_book_url : utilisée par calibre pour convertir l'identifiant en une URL...
  2. id_from_url : prend une URL et extrait les détails de l'identifiant...
LES DEUX méthodes sont maintenant implémentées.
  1. Maintenant, grâce à get_book_url, on peut accéder directement à l'URL depuis calibre :
    • Dans le volet des détails, assurez-vous que les ids ont été sélectionnés pour l'affichage, (Préférences → Interface → Look & feel → Détails du livre...).
    • Cliquez sur l'id pour accéder à la page de l'url.
    Notez que je ne supprimerai pas la référence dans le commentaire, car je veux que cette information apparaisse dans les catalogues.
  2. Maintenant, grâce à id_from_url, pour ajouter ou modifier un id dans l'éditeur de métadonnées, il suffit de copier et coller l'url sur l'icône à gauche du champ ids, dans éditer les métadonnées un livre à la fois.

Cela a rendu noosfere_util un peu moins nécessaire, mais si je veux distribuer l'information dans l'éditeur, ou si je veux nettoyer les métadonnées avant de les télécharger (certains champs ne sont jamais supprimés, noosfere_util le fait). Je peux toujours utiliser le navigateur web noosfere_util pour sélectionner exactement le volume que je veux...

Last edited by lrpirlet; 10-31-2022 at 05:03 PM.