Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-02-2021, 04:44 AM   #1
paebbles
paebbles began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Touch N905C
Angry Help my Kobo N905C is dead (picture hangs)

Hello forum members. Nice to be part of it!
But now my problem. I made the update to the firmware 4.26.16704, but this I did not like. Wanted to go back to the 2.6.1 and that was it. Update hung up and the screen stands still.
Would need an image to reset the SD card. Maybe someone still has one of you ......
I am so sad because it is my baby !
paebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 09:27 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Installing older versions of firmware doesn't always work. And the bigger the difference in version, then less likely it is. When going back, you should do a factory reset and then use the Kobo desktop to do the setup and intercept the firmware update. The desktop application will do this, but, you can replace the update files with the files for your desired firmware version.

In all probability, you will be able to do a manual factory reset to get the device going. The instructions are on https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...our-Kobo-Touch. But, in case that doesn't work, I have sent you a PM with the link to the image.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2021, 01:43 PM   #3
paebbles
paebbles began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Touch N905C
Thank you,
The device works again.

Greetings from Germany
Manu
paebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 02:42 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
@paebbles, I really think you should install 4.26.16704. There are a lot of really good improvements since 2.6.1.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brick, image, kobo, n905c, touch