Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-07-2015, 02:24 AM   #121
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
@invention13 : PeterT is correct.

=== === ===

To avoid confusion for the future, I ask to name the custom dictionaries with the actual language ISO codes, e.g.:

dicthtml-bg.zip (Bulgarian monolingual)
dicthtml-it-fr.zip (Italian -> French bilingual)

Moreover, this way, we do not "imply" that the custom dictionary should replace exactly an official one, say dicthtml-de.zip, as the end user might want to replace a different official one, say dicthml-nl.zip.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:21 PM   #122
invention13
invention13 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo h20
Thanks. I just figured that out ( I'm a bit new to this ). This is definitely something for kobo to fix. Once I installed it, it worked reasonably well.
invention13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2015, 05:50 PM   #123
invention13

A question on custom dictionary: I installed the swedish-english dictionary and it seemed to work pretty well. When I went to use the reader today, it behaved as if the dictionary wasn't there. I went into the settings->languages->dictionarys menu and tried to load it and it opened up the wireless to search for an update. I'm sort of curious what happened to the dictionary - has this happened to anyone else?
Old 07-07-2015, 07:52 PM   #124
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by invention13 View Post
A question on custom dictionary: I installed the swedish-english dictionary and it seemed to work pretty well. When I went to use the reader today, it behaved as if the dictionary wasn't there. I went into the settings->languages->dictionarys menu and tried to load it and it opened up the wireless to search for an update. I'm sort of curious what happened to the dictionary - has this happened to anyone else?
Did you do a sync in between? The sync checks if any dictionaries need to be downloaded. I assume a check is done comparing what is on the device with what the server has and the version from the server is downloaded if they don't match. In this case, it definitely won't match.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:22 PM   #125
invention13

Re sync: not knowingly. I am going to load the dictionary again and just make sure I don't sync it. I might have done it from the reader - I never use the pc software.
Advert
Old 07-07-2015, 11:28 PM   #126
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
It might have done the daily auto sync. There is an option in the settings to turn this off. Sorry, I can't remember exactly where it is. Maybe the WiFi settings.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:06 PM   #127
invention13

I turned off the auto sync.
I put the dictionary back and still can't install it. I get this 'dictionary download pending - sync to install'.
It looks like I'll have to sync it, only to blow it away and replace it.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:51 AM   #128
Number9
Dude
Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One; Kobo Aura H2o; Sony Reader PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by invention13 View Post
I turned off the auto sync.
I put the dictionary back and still can't install it. I get this 'dictionary download pending - sync to install'.
It looks like I'll have to sync it, only to blow it away and replace it.
Did you get it to work? I can't even see any installed dictionaries when my h20 is connected to my PC, the only file in the kobo\dict folder is dicthtml.zip, and I do have the german dictionary installed. But I want to replace that with the Swedish?

Edit, I found that all my dictionaries were stored on the SD-card so now it works! :-)

Last edited by Number9; 07-23-2015 at 11:35 AM.
Number9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:24 PM   #129
tndoubleh
tndoubleh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by huuduc1kk2 View Post
Here are 2 Dict EV and VE i have convert, it have break line
English-Vietnamese:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...a0k&authuser=1
Vietnamese-English:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...U1E&authuser=1
Bạn ơi mình copy 2 file này vào .kobo/dict nhưng không thấy hiện trong phần từ điển, bạn giúp mình với nhé
tndoubleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:48 PM   #130
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tndoubleh View Post
Bạn ơi mình copy 2 file này vào .kobo/dict nhưng không thấy hiện trong phần từ điển, bạn giúp mình với nhé
-add dictionary in your Kobo like English-French (don't download).
-copy the file "dicthtml-en-vi_mab en de.zip" to .kobo\dict, and rename it to "dicthtml-en-fr.zip".
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:38 AM   #131
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Modified the first post: the English->German dictionary was incorrectly listed as "German->English".
Old 09-29-2015, 07:01 AM   #132
Simeonov
Simeonov began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
"dicthtml-bg.zip (Bulgarian monolingual)"

Hi,
From where can I download the dictionary - bulgarian?
Thanks in advance.
Simeonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:10 AM   #133
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

If you refer to my 07-07-2015 06:24 AM post above, it was just an example to illustrate the usage of ISO language codes.

I have never seen a Bulgarian dictionary, sorry.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:31 AM   #134
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi AlPe

I make English-Hebrew dictionary whit penelope3.py file but the last letter not showing.
it happen if there is n.(noun) or adj. before the translation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150929_152009.jpg
Views:	711
Size:	695.8 KB
ID:	142431   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150929_151945_1.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	701.4 KB
ID:	142432  

Last edited by oren64; 09-29-2015 at 08:44 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 08:53 AM   #135
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

Hi,

I assume no error/warning is printed on the console when you run penelope3.py .

Try outputting to CSV (`--output-csv` instead of `--output-kobo`), open the file with a text editor, and see if the last letter is missing.

If so, it is a parsing problem in penelope. If possible, please email me the input dictionary, I will have a look.

If not, I guess it is a problem of the Kobo firmware.

Tags
kobo dictionaries