Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-07-2010, 07:32 PM   #91
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
I am so confused about what file is actually available now. Could someone do an update please?
No change from yesterday. It's the same, 2.3.2 --> 2.5 U.S dx file as before.
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:43 PM   #92
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Thanks Anarel. I was hoping.....Why Amazon wont just put them on their website.....
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2010, 07:47 PM   #93
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Quote:
Thanks Anarel. I was hoping.....Why Amazon wont just put them on their website.....
They like to make us wait?

2.5 years for folders, so now we have to wait more?
Old 05-07-2010, 08:20 PM   #94
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Apparently it is called customer service Anarel. Amazon style.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:29 PM   #95
Anarel
Evangelist

Quote:
I want that on a T-shirt:

Customer Service Amazon Style: 2.5 years for Kindle Update 2.5
Advert
Old 05-07-2010, 08:44 PM   #96
JohnnyTToxic
Connoisseur
JohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enough

Device: Amazon Kindle 2 International
Quote:
Pushka's getting feisty! I better go check my Kindle...

I promised myself I wouldn't check while I was running some errands.
JohnnyTToxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:49 PM   #97
Devon
Enthusiast
Devon began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle
I don't believe that is a 2.5 bin, but a 2.33 bin. That is why it doesn't work. Well, it works, but it only to 2.33. I might be wrong - has anyone been upgraded to 2.5 using it?
Devon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:49 PM   #98
ereadx
ereadx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 Global
Hey,

So I can assume at this point there is No one out there with a Update for Kindle 2 (global) going from 2.3.3 to 2.5.

The only update I see here on the forums is for DX going from 2.3.2 to 2.5

-e
ereadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:50 PM   #99
Anarel
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ereadx View Post
Hey,

So I can assume at this point there is No one out there with a Update for Kindle 2 (global) going from 2.3.3 to 2.5.

The only update I see here on the forums is for DX going from 2.3.2 to 2.5

-e
That'd be correct. We're all waiting on something- almost- anything else.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:07 PM   #100
Aevin1387
Aevin1387 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon View Post
I don't believe that is a 2.5 bin, but a 2.33 bin. That is why it doesn't work. Well, it works, but it only to 2.33. I might be wrong - has anyone been upgraded to 2.5 using it?
I just downloaded it, installed beautifully on my Kindle DX US, w/ 2.3.2. 2.5 is very nice

To the uploader:
Aevin1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:31 AM   #101
Devon
Enthusiast
Devon began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aevin1387 View Post
I just downloaded it, installed beautifully on my Kindle DX US, w/ 2.3.2. 2.5 is very nice

To the uploader:
Thanks for letting me know. I am glad it worked for you. My kindle went through the install beautifully, but at the end I still had 2.3.3.
Devon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:22 AM   #102
wlaine
wlaine began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 & Fire 7" HD
My Kindle 2 shows Version: Kindle 2.3 (399380047), but the update bin posted here is
(399388047). Does anyone know what that difference means?
wlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 04:59 AM   #103
FrozenRiver
FrozenRiver began at the beginning.

Device: kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlaine View Post
My Kindle 2 shows Version: Kindle 2.3 (399380047), but the update bin posted here is
(399388047). Does anyone know what that difference means?
That means you need to upgrade your FW a little.
FrozenRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:31 AM   #104
JohnnyTToxic
Connoisseur
JohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enough

Device: Amazon Kindle 2 International
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenRiver View Post
That means you need to upgrade your FW a little.
To 2.3.2
JohnnyTToxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 03:57 PM   #105
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
STILL no sighting of K2 (US, non-K2i) 2.5 update yet. Guess the original K2 is now an 'official' orphan. Sigh.

Would someone PLEASE prove me wrong by posting the bin for K2(US)?

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote