Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-14-2017, 10:10 PM   #1
rickheck
rickheck began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, others
HTML to Mobi - line breaks added

Using hte latest version of Calibre, I imported a standard html document (no css), which has only h1/h2/p tags.

The conversion worked, but I notice that there are
Code:
<br class='calibre7'>
codes inserted at the end of each line. This makes some lines in a paragraph be shortened. I can see those extra break codes when I edit the converted book.

Is there a way to not have those break tags inside the MOBI file? It would seem that those extra line breaks will make the pages look bad on various devices.

Thanks...Rick..
rickheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 11:48 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186697
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert