Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-15-2011, 03:30 AM   #1
vitalichka
Enthusiast
vitalichka began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Question How to auto-skip through errors?

Does anyone know how to set Calibre to continue indexing books into the library even when an error occurs?

I have a large collection of eBooks and need to leave Calibre over night to index everything but what happens is I go to bed and in the morning notice that it's stuck at a low percentage because a Jpeg Library Error occurred and so Calibre would hang and wait for me to acknowledge it by clicking "Ok".

JPEG Library Error

Corrupt JPEG data: 15 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd5

Any and all helps would be greatly appreciated. I went through the preferences but could not find anything I could change or set there to make this happen.

While you're here, does anyone know of the proper way to stop the conversion process, ie., converting from RTF to EPUB or if there are good settings recommendations for such conversions for the Nook.

Thanks again.
vitalichka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:02 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Normally, when adding books calibre skips errors automatically, but some errors are severe enough that they cannot be skipped (they are in C code and cause crashes of the worker process).

Apparently you have encountered one such error
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2011, 11:26 AM   #3
vitalichka
Enthusiast
vitalichka began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Thanks for your response. I'm not sure if I'm seeing severe errors or not but if I am, I am seeing a lot of them because my library is quite extensive.

Thanks again.
vitalichka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:34 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm afraid you'll just have to add your books in smaller batches, as there is no way to gracefully recover from a hard crash.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
library error, skipping errors