Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-16-2010, 03:11 PM   #31
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Thanks - I'll certainly consider those. Is fitting a full-size SIM into the iPad just a matter of cutting off the outside bits so it fits? Will any SIM that offers internet access work?
http://www.touchuserguide.com/2010/0...pad-micro-sim/

These guys have instructions on going both ways!
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:17 PM   #32
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Thanks - I'll certainly consider those. Is fitting a full-size SIM into the iPad just a matter of cutting off the outside bits so it fits? Will any SIM that offers internet access work?
No worries yeh they will send you 2 free sims so you can have a practice cut first, loads of how to's on Internet then once you have it in the iPad go online via your wifi to activate the sim and register a card to pay for stuff, then you can phone up and ask them to add the particular booster you want and away you go. Buy your first 6 months for £20.

Oh yes any sim that can do data will work fine, actually looking at those prices I may put mine in my iPhone 4

40 for data over a year = say 3.30 a month a 10 top up gives a bonus of unlimited text and the equivalent of 200 mins based on their call charge rates each month.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:27 AM   #33
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
After thinking about it I've decided to buy an iPhone 4 after all, so I'll be there queuing up for the 8am opening of the local Apple Store on Thursday - I've checked with them and they will have some for open sale as well as the reserved ones. I've looked at the various rates on offer, and I'm going to go for the Vodafone contract.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote