Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-14-2018, 05:43 PM   #1666
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Lullaby (87th Precinct) - 99 cents
https://www.amazon.com/Lullaby-87th-...dp/B00558UVJW/

Lady Justice and the Class Reunion - free
https://www.amazon.com/Justice-Class...dp/B00BDNOWGG/
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:01 PM   #1667
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Thanks, GA Russell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Lady Justice and the Class Reunion - free
https://www.amazon.com/Justice-Class...dp/B00BDNOWGG/
This looked interesting, but I didn't want to start with the 12th book in the series. The first book in the series, Lady Justice Takes a C.R.A.P., is currently $4.99 (a bit high for me for an otherwise unknown quantity), but there is an anthology edition of the first 3 books, The Lady Justice Trilogy, for the grand total of $0.99. Now, that I can manage.

The Lady Justice Trilogy
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:47 PM   #1668
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And thank you Cromag! For 99 cents, I'll try your box set.

The one I posted is about a murder at a fiftieth class reunion. It so happens that my fiftieth reunion will be in May, so I thought the book would be fun.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:19 AM   #1669
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I’m willing to start in the middle of a series, to see if it’s any good. Plus, free! Thanks..
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:28 AM   #1670
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
He used to be a very popular writer (and still is?).

Which ONE book would you suggest I read first?

-- Thanks!
I highly recommend Wilbur Smith. He was one of my favorite authors some years ago.

I had started with his standalone novel "Elephant Song".

His novels are mostly set in Africa, in all its beauty, glory..and gory.

I also liked the first few books of the Courtney series.
River God, is set in ancient Egypt, and continues on for a few more books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
I've only read a few of his stand-alone novels so far, I think the one I liked best was The Diamond Hunters.
Thanks.I dont remember reading this one, will probably try it soon.
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:40 AM   #1671
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Thanks, add the audiobook $1.99
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:46 AM   #1672
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Thanks, GA Russell!

This looked interesting, but I didn't want to start with the 12th book in the series. The first book in the series, Lady Justice Takes a C.R.A.P., is currently $4.99 (a bit high for me for an otherwise unknown quantity), but there is an anthology edition of the first 3 books, The Lady Justice Trilogy, for the grand total of $0.99. Now, that I can manage.

The Lady Justice Trilogy
Personal opinion but these books are not worth reading. A mod agrees but I can't remember who. It wasn't Don.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:58 AM   #1673
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhari79 View Post
I highly recommend Wilbur Smith. He was one of my favorite authors some years ago.
Same here. Few do sweeping historical epics as well as he does, if that's your thing.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:10 AM   #1674
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I’m willing to start in the middle of a series, to see if it’s any good. Plus, free! Thanks..
I do that sometimes. It's a real test of a series that a middle one can hold up without the previous knowledge.
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:01 PM   #1675
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
The War Against Miss Winter is the first in the short four book Rosie Winter series by Kathryn Miller Haines. It was probably on sale in the US back in May, but is on sale for sure in the US now for $1.99 at Kindle and Kobo. This is a cute series that I enjoyed in DTB.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Against-Miss-...dp/B000ROKXVK/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the...st-miss-winter

Spoiler:
Quote:
It's 1943, and the war escalating in Europe and the Pacific seems far away. But for aspiring actress Rosie Winter, the war feels as if it were right in New York City—what with food rationing and frequent blackouts . . . and a boyfriend she hasn't heard word one from since he enlisted in the navy. Now her rent is coming due and she hasn't been cast in anything for six months. The factories are desperate for women workers, but Rosie the Thespian isn't about to become Rosie the Riveter, so she grabs a part-time job at a seamy, lowbrow detective agency instead.

However, there's more to the Big City gumshoe game than chasing lowlife cheating spouses. When her boss turns up dead, Rosie finds herself caught up in a ticklish high society mystery, mingling with mobsters and searching for a notorious missing script. Maybe she has no crime-fighting experience—but Rosie certainly knows how to act the role. No matter how the war against Miss Winter turns out, it's not going to end with her surrender!

Evocative, entertaining, and wonderfully original, Kathryn Miller Haines's War Against Miss Winter introduces not only an unforgettable new sleuth but also an exciting new voice in the mystery genre, with a fast-paced tale of murder and deception that brings the World War II era vividly to life.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:52 PM   #1676
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Blood Lure is the 9th in the Anna Pigeon series by Nevada Barr. It has dropped to $1.99 at Kindle and Kobo US.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Blood-Lure-An...dp/B001MSMUUM/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/blood-lure-4

Spoiler:
Quote:
In this mystery in Nevada Barr’s New York Times bestselling series, District Park Ranger Anna Pigeon is betrayed by nature itself, as a most unnatural evil stalks its prey in the pristine West…

Straddling the border between Montana and Canada lies the Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park—Anna’s home away from home when she is sent on a cross-training assignment to study grizzly bears. Along with bear researcher Joan Rand and a volatile, unpredictable teenage boy, Anna hikes the back country, seeking signs of bear. But the tables are turned on their second night out, when one of the beasts comes looking for them. Daybreak finds the boy missing, a camper mutilated, and Anna caught in a grip of fear, painfully aware that her lifelong bond with nature has inexplicably snapped...
Old 01-15-2018, 03:00 PM   #1677
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Now on Kindle UK Countdown at £0.99 for about 5 more days - all of the titles below except #8.

link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/?...rd=-psychopomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Several of the titles in the Jacquot series by Martin O'Brien have dropped to $0.99 as US Kindle Countdown deals for about 2 more days. I read the first title in this series a long time ago, when I picked it up as a DTB in a UK airport, but the series never seemed to make it to the US, and about that time, my business trips to the UK dwindled off, so I never read any more. My memories of the one I read are pleasant, so I'm happy to see these on sale.

Sale titles include:
  • The Angel, #4
  • The Fifteen, #3
  • The Master, #2
  • Talking to the Sharks, #9
  • The Waterman, #1
  • Knife Gun Poison Bomb, #8

The link below also picks up a non-series title, Lunching the Girls, which looks as if it might be amusing.

It looks as if some of the later titles may be self-pub - SYKM only lists Jacquot titles through #7, and doesn't list Lunching, so if you are particularly sensitive to this, beware <grin>.

link for all seven: https://www.amazon.com/gp/search/?se...price-asc-rank
Old 01-15-2018, 06:35 PM   #1678
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Some Ellery Queens for $1.99 each.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013D15ON0
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZE97834
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0106XKZ0U
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0106XKYT2
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013D15OP8
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013CUBZM6
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZE97AI2
Old 01-16-2018, 03:12 PM   #1679
gunbad
Zealot
gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4
Free today some Ed Noon Mystery repeats: #8, #19, #29

https://www.amazon.com/Crazy-Mixed-U...d+noon+mystery

https://www.amazon.com/Flower-Covere...d+noon+mystery

https://www.amazon.com/X-Rated-Corps...d+noon+mystery

Last edited by gunbad; 01-16-2018 at 03:19 PM.
gunbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 02:31 PM   #1680
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Two Kinds of Truth - Michael Connelly

Harry Bosch searches for the truth in the new thriller from #1 NYT bestselling author Michael Connelly (Harry Bosch #22).

Kindle UK (£0.99): https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06X9KBD2B/
Kobo UK (£0.99): https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/ebook/two-kinds-of-truth-1
Google UK (£0.99) https://play.google.com/store/books/...d=PZsyDgAAQBAJ
Kindle US ($1.37): https://www.amazon.com/Two-Kinds-Tru...dp/B06X9KBD2B/
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote