Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-04-2014, 10:28 PM   #16
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Surprised to find I've read 43 of them. I don't tend to do very well on these sorts of lists.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:50 PM   #17
Ntsimp
Zealot
Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ntsimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD, Android
21. And a number of the others are on my "never-to-be-read" list.
Ntsimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:58 PM   #18
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
31 to my surprise considering that it also has some on my never TBR list as well... weird selections - I've seen better 100 books lists but nearly everyone always says that about lists like this...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:07 PM   #19
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntsimp View Post
21. And a number of the others are on my "never-to-be-read" list.
...I hear ya
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:55 AM   #20
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
3.5 of the amazon list, the .5 is Gone Girl, which was a dnf for me.

Amazon list 6 read and 2 dnf's.

I never do well on those lists as I don't read usually the genres they do list and I apparently read different stuff in school in europe than students often do in the US.

Just reading the lists though bores me to tears though. Most I have no interest whatsoever to ever read. Many sound so depressing and bla.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:27 AM   #21
Hapaxanth
Nameless Being

I've only read twenty of them, but there are plenty of books on that list that I don't think I would choose if I were making it -- I didn't even think that every single one of the twenty books I have read were terribly good. There are a few more in the list that I've casually had my eye on for a while, but I certainly won't be rushing out and buying them based on their inclusion here.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:01 AM   #22
boysingh
Connoisseur
boysingh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Done with these:

* Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury
* 1984 - George Orwell
* A Brief History of Time - Stephen Hawking
* The Lord of the Rings - JRR Tolkien
* Dune - Frank Herbert
* Great Expectations - Charles Dickens
* Alice in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll
* Charlotte's Web - EB White
* The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins

Looking forward to read the others, YEY!
boysingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:30 AM   #23
JohnRR
Connoisseur
JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnRR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
I may be interested to buy the access of some of the books if there is a discount. The list is actually not useful if Amazon is not promoting those books. There are already many similar lists.
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:39 AM   #24
ClareK
Connoisseur
ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Laser
To my surprise, 26 - but only because I have read some of them to my childrend and grandchildren. 55 of the Good Reads list.

Last edited by ClareK; 02-05-2014 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Added detail
ClareK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:56 AM   #25
MichelleLouring
Owl Lady
MichelleLouring has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMichelleLouring has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMichelleLouring has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMichelleLouring has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMichelleLouring has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMichelleLouring has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMichelleLouring has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMichelleLouring has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMichelleLouring has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMichelleLouring has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMichelleLouring has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Android Tablet
5 of the list, while 6 of them are waiting on my bookshelf, another 6-7 downloaded to my ereader app. I imagine a lot of those books are ones you read while going to school in an English speaking country. 3 of the ones I have read were because I majored in English in Denmark
MichelleLouring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:41 AM   #26
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
I've read about 14 of them, but more are on my TBR list.
What I like about those lists is that it gives an idea of what to read to get a better glimpse of a different culture.
Not everyone reads those books, but I guess almost everyone has at least heard of them. So they (plot, characters...) can be used as references in everyday conversation, advertisements...
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:15 AM   #27
bookaho!ic
Evangelist
bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo Aura H20 2nd Ed
11 for me
bookaho!ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:48 AM   #28
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
10 for me, mostly books I read as a child or at school though.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:12 AM   #29
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
28 for me, though obviously the list is US Amazon - I'm French so I'm sure our "100 must-read" list would be somewhat different, the same goes for other countries.

Edit: and I'm really no fan of those kind of lists - it makes so much more sense for people to read whatever they enjoy rather than what they feel they must. So I'm sorry but I will not add "Little house on the prairie" to my TBR pile

Last edited by Yolina; 02-05-2014 at 07:21 AM.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:26 AM   #30
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
I've read 59, and my 8-year-old daughter has read 12 of them.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote