Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

View Poll Results: Where did you pre-order your 903, and have you received it yet?
UK, received 1 9.09%
UK, haven't received 1 9.09%
rest of Europe, received 8 72.73%
rest of Europe, haven't received 1 9.09%
rest of World, received 0 0%
rest of World, haven't received 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
fishNco
fishNco began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 903
Unhappy Pre-ordered PB 903 in the UK, hasn't arrived yet

Hi everyone, I've been lurking on the forum for a while now, and based on what I read, I pre-ordered a PB 903 from the UK distributor, Green Reader, in end Nov, and haven't received it yet. I only receive sporadic replies from Green Reader about my order (certainly no proactive updates on delays - only the occasional reply about the pre-order shipment being delayed - last I heard it was supposed to have been Dec 15).

I do know that some (lucky!) people have already received their 903s, so I was wondering whether anybody else has ordered a 903 (or 603) from Green Reader, and whether they've received it yet, or if they've heard anything from Green Reader?

( @paolomanzini, if you read this, did you buy yours from Green Reader? )

Thanks for your time!
fishNco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:02 AM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishNco View Post
( @paolomanzini, if you read this, did you buy yours from Green Reader? )
Hi FishNco,
yes I did pre-ordered it from Green Reader, at the very beginning of November, and mine might have been a special case as I my preorder was made even before the devices were available on the Green Reader webpage, so for some reason I received mine directly from Latvia, rather than the UK waarehouse, and I suspect this might have been because it was ordered before they had set up their ordering procedures in the UK.

So in all likelyhood my case is non-standard, and indeed the person I corresponded with regarding my order was based in Latvia, as far as I can tell.

Having said that, the UK person I initially corresponded with sounded very helpful - if you want I can pm you her e-mail, to check whether it is the same person you are in touch with.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2011, 07:56 AM   #3
fishNco

Smile

thanks @paolamanzini! would you mind PMing me the email address please?

i see - when i read that you received yours, i thought i'd be getting mine soon, but it looks like you were a very very early pre-order-rer!
Old 01-12-2011, 08:31 AM   #4
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishNco View Post
thanks @paolamanzini! would you mind PMing me the email address please?
check you inbox
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:14 AM   #5
saliami
saliami began at the beginning.

Device: PB 903 - loud & proud
Currently the shop http://www.pocketbook-shop.de and others do not have pb903 right now, so waiting till 01.20 for the batch to come.
saliami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2011, 11:12 PM   #6
fishNco

thanks @paolamanzini and @saliami, looks like I'll have to wait for another week at the very least.

That's an improvement on my current situation - still haven't gotten any replies from Green Reader (but possibly they are on new year holidays?) .
Old 01-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #7
Flipster
Flipster began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Hi all,
I ordered a PB 902 on 02-01-2011 from Green Reader that I haven't received yet; not a pre-order device like the 903 as far as I'm aware. I sent them an e-mail asking for an order update on the 12-01-2011. No response Don't like what I'm reading or experiencing from them so far. I'll send another request for information and give them a couple of days to reply.....then.... ... I think I'll be requesting a refund......Just thought I'd share this with you.
Flipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:47 PM   #8
fishNco

thanks @flipster. please do keep me (?us) posted on whether you hear from them or if you manage to get a refund.

so far i've sent Green Reader about 5 emails and received replies to 2 of them. from the forums, it does appear that other PB distributors / retailers are much more responsive than them (that was partly why i decided to buy a PB in the first place), and had i known then that they'd be this unresponsive, i'd have bought it from someplace else. that said though, i've waited so long already, i'll just wait a bit longer and see what happens!
Old 01-19-2011, 06:40 AM   #9
fishNco

Smile update!

i have just received an email from pocketgoods stating the my 903 was sent to me from their central warehouse, and that they will be able to get a tracking number in 2 days' time.

@flipster maybe you will hear from them soon?

fingers crossed, i've been waiting a very very long time for the 903!
Old 01-19-2011, 06:44 PM   #10
Flipster
Flipster began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Hi fishNco,
yeah! I got an e-mail at 11:15 today to say I should get my PB 902 "in the nearest few days"

I'm glad your wait is over!
Flipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:25 AM   #11
fishNco

thanks @flipster, i'm happy for you too!
Old 01-25-2011, 11:09 AM   #12
fishNco

update: my 903 has arrived! thanks everybody for your replies and suggestions. @flipster i hope your 902 arrives soon too!

Tags
903, green reader, pb 903 pre-order, pocketbook