Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-23-2017, 03:59 AM   #16
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
The problem is that in the UK there's very limited options to get them digitally
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 04:05 AM   #17
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by simond View Post
The problem is that in the UK there's very limited options to get them digitally
Amazon or Google as far as I know. I thought it was at Kobo, but I couldn't find it. (Links to Asimov's)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2017, 04:20 AM   #18
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Amazon or Google as far as I know. I thought it was at Kobo, but I couldn't find it. (Links to Asimov's)
Yep, I used to buy from Nook but since they closed down I've moved to Amazon, I avoided Google as afaik you can't strip the DRM from google magazines and I like to keep things I pay for
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:33 AM   #19
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
My local library offers more than one option for reading magazines digitally. The one I personally use is Zinio (now RBDigital but I haven't switched to that app yet). The text can occasionally be a bit small but overall I find it satisfactory.

I mostly read The Economist, so if you are into more graphically interesting magazines this may not work so well.
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:52 AM   #20
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The new Jan/Feb 2018 issues are now at Amazon. Still only £2.49 as individual issues in the UK!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2017, 10:06 AM   #21
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The new Jan/Feb 2018 issues are now at Amazon. Still only £2.49 as individual issues in the UK!
For anyone who's curious, here's the main site:

https://www.amazon.com/Analog-Scienc...agazine+kindle

It's priced at $2.99 U.S.D.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 12:42 AM   #22
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Interestingly, Asimov's was available for my Nook STR and App the night before last, but Analog wasn't available as of a couple of hours ago. Still, we haven't hit the announced release date, yet.
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 02:20 AM   #23
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

It's priced at $2.99 U.S.D.
Per month. And it's a bimonthly magazine.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 04:37 AM   #24
June
Addict
June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Oasis 1&2 and others
Both have shown up, love the Asimov’s cover art for this issue!
June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 05:55 AM   #25
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
Per month. And it's a bimonthly magazine.

I see that now. It looks like it's $5.98 an issue.

-- Thanks.
Old 12-22-2017, 10:33 PM   #26
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Interestingly, Asimov's was available for my Nook STR and App the night before last, but Analog wasn't available as of a couple of hours ago. Still, we haven't hit the announced release date, yet.
We're now well past the publication date for Analog and it still hasn't arrived. It looks like the new issue should be available at Barnes & Noble, judging from the cover in their Nook store, but it's still not on either of my Nook Simple Touches, or my Android App.

I've emailed Customer Service.
Old 12-23-2017, 07:12 AM   #27
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
We're now well past the publication date for Analog and it still hasn't arrived. It looks like the new issue should be available at Barnes & Noble, judging from the cover in their Nook store, but it's still not on either of my Nook Simple Touches, or my Android App.

I've emailed Customer Service.

Maybe they're in the process of going out of business.

How do the print runs, subscription lists, and stripped returns compare?

As for ebooks, does anyone have any figures?
Old 12-23-2017, 06:39 PM   #28
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I'd put the Analog distribution issue on B&N. I've had the ebook on my kindle and kindle app for a while.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 02:53 PM   #29
cromag

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
I'd put the Analog distribution issue on B&N. I've had the ebook on my kindle and kindle app for a while.
That's what I suspect. Right now as part of the "combo special" I signed up for they're running $3.99 per issue. I'll give them a little longer to straighten it out.
Old 12-28-2017, 12:44 AM   #30
cromag

Okay. On 12/24 I sent a summary of my problem to B&N via their Nook Support page. The next day I got a canned response directing me to their trouble FAQs -- suggested solutions were refresh the library, turn the device off and then on again, make sure you're connected to wifi, etc. I sent an email reply to them that I had already done all of those, and also reminded them that I had this problem on two Nook STRs and two Android tablets.

The next day they sent another response addressing only the tablets, that included "Power on and off the device," and "send the local copy of the content to the cloud, or archive, then download it again," etc. This time I sent a reply saying that the "solutions" were not applicable to my problem and requesting that we address the STRs first to avoid side issues like hardware and Android variations, etc.

I got no response to that one.

So today I phoned them. The phone call lasted 32 minutes. The agent did start off by suggesting I refresh the library and then turn the device off and back on again. She took the serial number (this time I only mentioned the STRs, and confined it to one) and my account info. After a lot of back and forth on items that really couldn't have anything to do with the issue the agent put me on hold, then came back and told me I'd have to de-register my Nook STR and then re-register it.

I said no, that would be time consuming and unlikely to solve the problem since both STRs were missing the same issue. I also pointed out that I'd had plenty of time so I logged in to my Nook account, gone to the online library, and the most recent issue of Analog was not showing up there, either. She put me on hold again.

When she came back, after several minutes, she said that issue had not been posted to my account after all. I can expect it in 1 to 5 business days.

Anyway, at least this explanation fits the problem. We'll see what happens.

But I am curious if anyone else with the "Combo" subscription got their issue of Analog.

EDIT: It was available on the 5th business day after the call.

Last edited by cromag; 01-06-2018 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Updated