Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 09-01-2016, 11:43 AM   #16
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
The above was my serious answer. Humorous answers will cost you.
Your humorous answers cost all of us.

<rimshot>

Last edited by ApK; 09-01-2016 at 11:46 AM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:57 AM   #17
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post

<rimshot>
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2016, 01:18 PM   #18
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Quote:
Don't be clueless.

Just go to Amazon and look at the examples IN ANY GENRE in order to get ideas. You have an imagination, so use it.

The above was my serious answer. Humorous answers will cost you.
OMG! I am so thrilled to get a serious answer from you! (Hallelujah, now I know ANYTHING is possible!) Thanks!
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 01:21 PM   #19
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
If you use Calibre with a fairly good sized Library (of other authors book ),

Select the tags for the genre: Grid view
and look at the covers (Calibre fills Full Screen)
A great way to se various treatments

BTW With Lady Justice so prominent, I would have said "Legal Thriller"
Thanks ducks but I have three books in my Calibre library and they're all mine. And yeah, I'd agree with the legal thriller assessment.
Old 09-02-2016, 01:22 PM   #20
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post

<rimshot>
Ha!
Advert
Old 09-03-2016, 09:28 AM   #21
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
OMG! I am so thrilled to get a serious answer from you! (Hallelujah, now I know ANYTHING is possible!) Thanks!
Are you ready for the humorous answer?

Old 09-11-2016, 01:01 PM   #22
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Are you ready for the humorous answer?

I am never ready for any of your answers but go ahead.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:43 AM   #23
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I am never ready for any of your answers but go ahead.
That WAS the joke! (Hooo-boy!)

"No soup for you."

Explanation: The above quote is from a Seinfeld* television episode.

* Seinfeld = A comedian**
** comedian = Someone who makes us laugh.***
*** laugh = Sometimes referred to as laughter, which is a condition wherein slobbery, snorting sounds are emitted from the mouth when one is amused.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:46 PM   #24
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
That WAS the joke! (Hooo-boy!)

"No soup for you."

Explanation: The above quote is from a Seinfeld* television episode.

* Seinfeld = A comedian**
** comedian = Someone who makes us laugh.***
*** laugh = Sometimes referred to as laughter, which is a condition wherein slobbery, snorting sounds are emitted from the mouth when one is amused.
Come on, Dr. Drib. You know I can't keep up with you! I figure if I just manage to stay out of your way I'm doing pretty good.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:24 PM   #25
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Getting back to your cover, what have you decided to do? Completely ditch the concept or go with another approach?
Old 09-17-2016, 03:07 PM   #26
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Getting back to your cover, what have you decided to do? Completely ditch the concept or go with another approach?
I'm ditching it. I've come to terms with the fact that I'm not a professional cover designer. I've worked with one before and she's agreed to work with me again. Thing is, I like doing the covers, but I don't have a good sense of what works for my genre, which is typically suspense, but the book THE TEST (for the cover in the OP) is romance. And it has thriller font. I just don't know what I'm doing.

I figure I'll do covers when I give away short stories. But the novels I'm going with someone who knows what they're doing.
Old 09-17-2016, 04:47 PM   #27
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
I'm ditching it. I've come to terms with the fact that I'm not a professional cover designer. I've worked with one before and she's agreed to work with me again. Thing is, I like doing the covers, but I don't have a good sense of what works for my genre, which is typically suspense, but the book THE TEST (for the cover in the OP) is romance. And it has thriller font. I just don't know what I'm doing.

I figure I'll do covers when I give away short stories. But the novels I'm going with someone who knows what they're doing.
You are a wise man.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:34 AM   #28
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
[...] I just don't know what I'm doing.

Put on your best deep, gravelly, husky - Dirty Harry - voice, and tell yourself, "A man's got to know his limitations."
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 03:25 PM   #29
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
You are a wise man.
Finally!
Old 09-22-2016, 03:25 PM   #30
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Put on your best deep, gravelly, husky - Dirty Harry - voice, and tell yourself, "A man's got to know his limitations."
How 'bout it!