Notices

Old 02-23-2018, 04:26 PM   #106
SamP
SamP began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Increased Battery drain since applying the Firmware update

Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
I had the same experience on my Voyage. Manually applied the new update on Wednesday night. Voyage wasn't used until I turned it on this morning (Friday) and battery level showed near empty. My Voyage is permanently in airplane mode.

I did add three or four books to the Voyage just after I updated the firmware. I don't think that indexing the four books would have caused such a quick drain, but maybe it was stuck for awhile on one of the books. I did check to see if it was still indexing when I noticed the battery level and it wasn't.

I'm charging it now and am hoping this is an anomaly. I'll report back when I know more.
An update on this topic.
Having gotten rid of the book which refused to index, the battery on my well-used 6th Gen PW is still draining much faster than before (whilst being used with the same settings & for the same amount of time per day as before).

I repeated the check for un-indexed books & there were none.
SamP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 11:55 AM   #107
latepaul
Guru
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety
Have now got 5.9.4 on my PW2, PW3 and KOA2.

I like the clock. I record how long I've been reading for and so I use the clock to know when I start and stop. It's not a big deal but prior to this I was always tapping to get the menu (and clock) and sometimes advancing a page (or going to the toc) by mistake. A minor irritation but one I'm glad to be rid of.

It would be nice if we could have the black-on-white mode on non-Oasis Kindles. It really is a killer feature for me.
latepaul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:17 PM   #108
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
I love how many people say feature XYZ is a feature I need to have when they didn't have it and didn't even think about it until it was released for a different model Reader.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:30 PM   #109
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Librie,PRS900,950,K4, KT, PW1&2, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I love how many people say feature XYZ is a feature I need to have when they didn't have it and didn't even think about it until it was released for a different model Reader.
Well it's similar to how I love my car heated seats in the winter, the cruise control, various gauges, sensors and alarms.

Did I miss them decades ago, no, but I sure would now.
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote