Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-29-2024, 11:50 PM   #2176
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmangia View Post
I've bought 6 kindle books. 2 of them are giving strange characters like this one, while converting to any kind of format (I'm putting them all to PDF):

What's wrong and what should I do?

Thanks!
Can you open and read the original Kindle file in calibre? What format are they in? Etc.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 11:47 PM   #2177
tmangia
tmangia began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Can you open and read the original Kindle file in calibre? What format are they in? Etc.
I can't open any of them in Calibre (they're on MOBI and PDF formats), but it opens normally on Kindle using Bluestacks.
tmangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 04:56 AM   #2178
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
@tmangia
Ask for help at noDRM's GitHub.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 07:06 AM   #2179
tmangia

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmiller View Post
@tmangia
Ask for help at noDRM's GitHub.
You mean this page? https://github.com/noDRM
I can't find any forum there. So where's the exact location for asking help?

thanks
Old 03-02-2024, 08:48 AM   #2180
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

thanks
Click Repositories and you'll get to links. One of them is what you want. The other is to a version of DeDRM with the current code.

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-02-2024 at 03:24 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 12:57 PM   #2181
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Click Projects and you'll get to links. One of them is what you want. The other is to a version of DeDRM with the current code.
Oddly, when I click on Projects, I get "There aren't any projects yet". If I click on DeDRM Tools in the box under Pinned and then on Discussions, I get to where questions can be asked.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 03:25 PM   #2182
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Oddly, when I click on Projects, I get "There aren't any projects yet". If I click on DeDRM Tools in the box under Pinned and then on Discussions, I get to where questions can be asked.
My mistake. It should be to click Repositories.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 04:49 PM   #2183
tmangia

Worked fine! They asked to download this latest version of DeDRM, as those files were still encrypted: https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools...0a9aea31bf6653

Thanks a lot to all of you

Last edited by tmangia; 03-02-2024 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-03-2024, 04:29 AM   #2184
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:

thanks
https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools/discussions
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM   #2185
_unowen
_unowen began at the beginning.

Hola, OP and users here say to get Kindle4PC v2.3.0 or v2.3.1 but when I am clicking the link on Amazon, I am downloading v2.3.70682 which I believe is really far ahead.

Can someone link me to get old v2.3.0?
_unowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 12:59 PM   #2186
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by _unowen View Post
Hola, OP and users here say to get Kindle4PC v2.3.0 or v2.3.1 but when I am clicking the link on Amazon, I am downloading v2.3.70682 which I believe is really far ahead.

Can someone link me to get old v2.3.0?
Version 2.3.1 of Kindle for PC downloads with a filename of "KindleForPC-installer-2.3.70682.exe". The five digit part is the build number and is separate from the version number. Confusing, but that is Amazon.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 03:43 PM   #2187
_unowen
_unowen began at the beginning.

I see, that is why I was not getting hits on the internet for those versions. I will try the v2.3.70682 then, thanks for help.
_unowen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k4pc, kindle for pc