Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-13-2022, 11:11 AM   #481
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I think I actually have a "What's my Mobi?" type python script somewhere that generates a report/log about kindlebook files in directories. You're welcome to it if I can find it (and you can use it).
That sounds like something that could/should be added to the Quality check PI.
MobiType: <type>
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 01:01 PM   #482
stefano.sb
Zealot
stefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
That sounds like something that could/should be added to the Quality check PI.
MobiType: <type>
Very good idea... In this plug-in it would be also very useful an option to store the output of a massive check (i.e. "missing EBOK cdetype") into two custom columns
  • the check result
  • last check running date

Stefano
stefano.sb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 01:30 PM   #483
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefano.sb View Post
Very good idea... In this plug-in it would be also very useful an option to store the output of a massive check (i.e. "missing EBOK cdetype") into two custom columns
  • the check result
  • last check running date

Stefano
I just add a Tag (I have a custom column #usertag i use for notes, which device has the book...) Multi-select (ctrl-a) the results, then use the Metadata editor (bulk mode)

QCPI already has some Mobi checks
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 08:43 AM   #484
stefano.sb
Zealot
stefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I just add a Tag (I have a custom column #usertag i use for notes, which device has the book...) Multi-select (ctrl-a) the results, then use the Metadata editor (bulk mode)

QCPI already has some Mobi checks
Good suggestion! I will try to add the three new MOBI checks that I need to the QCPI (MOBI7, MOBI8, BOTH) using the same approach of the others check currently present (i.e. Chek Mobi -> check missing ASIN identifier)

After that in Calibre I will be able to use the Edit metadata in bulk function to set values in my custum columns

P.S. Next posts in the [GUI Plugin] Quality Check thread....

Thanks

Stefano
Old 01-14-2022, 12:49 PM   #485
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
I don't mind a short derailment, but this is probably a good idea.

Still looking for my script. I've found a few variations that use Python2/Qt4 (or Tkinter), but there should be something newer than that.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 08:29 AM   #486
stefano.sb
Zealot

Smile

Quote:
Good suggestion! I will try to add the three new MOBI checks that I need to the QCPI (MOBI7, MOBI8, BOTH) using the same approach of the others check currently present (i.e. Chek Mobi -> check missing ASIN identifier)

After that in Calibre I will be able to use the Edit metadata in bulk function to set values in my custum columns

Thanks

Stefano
Here we are :-) I released this new function inside Quality Check Plug-in. See here

It’s a beta version… I am not a good Python programmer so if you want to test it or give me suggestions….

Thanks

Stefano
Old 03-20-2022, 05:23 AM   #487
motherat
Enthusiast
motherat began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke2
This is excellent, thanks so much for your work!

Question:

KindleUnpack can convert azw3 files to epubs directly via the KF8 to epub... menu item. For mobi files, nothing like this seems to be available -- the plugin can unpack them, but there's no option to turn them into epubs.

I assume that's working as intended? Or am I overlooking something? Is the only way to turn mobis into epubs Calibre's built-in conversion function?
motherat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 08:22 AM   #488
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by motherat View Post
KindleUnpack can convert azw3 files to epubs directly via the KF8 to epub... menu item. For mobi files, nothing like this seems to be available -- the plugin can unpack them, but there's no option to turn them into epubs.
The internal content of a KF8/azw3 file is very similar to EPUB so it is a fairly straightforward task to create an EPUB from it.

The content inside of the older MOBI format is based on a subset of HTML3. This needs extensive changes to turn it into a proper EPUB, which is something that would out of place in this plugin. It is better handled by calibre's conversion function.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 03:49 AM   #489
motherat
Enthusiast
motherat began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
The internal content of a KF8/azw3 file is very similar to EPUB so it is a fairly straightforward task to create an EPUB from it.

The content inside of the older MOBI format is based on a subset of HTML3. This needs extensive changes to turn it into a proper EPUB, which is something that would out of place in this plugin. It is better handled by calibre's conversion function.
I see -- thanks for explaining!
motherat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 05:14 PM   #490
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Any idea?

Unpacking this (de-DRMed) mobi7 dictionary:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture d'écran 2022-09-03 16.44.25.png
Views:	179
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	196253

I get this error:
Code:
calibre, version 6.4.0
ERREUR : Exception non gérée: <b>TypeError</b>:a bytes-like object is required, not 'str'

calibre 6.4  embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19044-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19044')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19044', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: fr
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 49, 0) && DeDRM (10, 0, 1) && AZW6 Image Merge (1, 0, 0) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 49, 0) && APNX Generator (1, 1, 0) && Count Pages (1, 11, 3) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 4) && Find Duplicates (1, 9, 7) && Generate Cover (2, 2, 0) && Hyphenate This! (0, 1, 3) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 49, 0) && KFX Input (1, 49, 0) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (1, 64, 0) && KFX Output (1, 64, 0) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && KindleXRay (0, 0, 4) && Obok DeDRM (7, 1, 0) && Open With (1, 7, 2) && Quality Check (1, 12, 0) && Standard Ebooks (1, 0, 0) && TTS to MP3 (0, 6, 0) && WordDumb (3, 25, 0) && X-Ray Creator (3, 2, 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.action", line 271, in unpack_ebook
  File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.mobi_stuff", line 124, in unpackMOBI
  File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.kindleunpackcore.kindleunpack", line 934, in unpackBook
  File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.kindleunpackcore.kindleunpack", line 855, in process_all_mobi_headers
  File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.kindleunpackcore.kindleunpack", line 632, in processMobi7
  File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.kindleunpackcore.mobi_dict", line 205, in getPositionMap
  File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.kindleunpackcore.mobi_dict", line 288, in getInflectionGroups
  File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.kindleunpackcore.mobi_dict", line 377, in applyInflectionRule
AttributeError: 'array.array' object has no attribute 'tostring'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.action", line 273, in unpack_ebook
  File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.utilities", line 105, in showErrorDlg
  File "traceback.py", line 179, in print_exc
  File "traceback.py", line 121, in print_exception
TypeError: a bytes-like object is required, not 'str'
At this point the images have been extracted, a toc.ncx has been created, but no html content.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 08:57 PM   #491
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
AttributeError: 'array.array' object has no attribute 'tostring'
That error is most likely the result of a change to the array module in Python:

Quote:
New in version 3.2: tostring() is renamed to tobytes() for clarity.

Added: I changed the name of that function in KindleUnpack and was able to unpack that dictionary without any further errors. I have attached a copy of the modified plugin in case anyone else needs to use it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KindleUnpack - The Plugin.zip (99.0 KB, 229 views)

Last edited by jhowell; 09-03-2022 at 09:24 PM.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 07:39 AM   #492
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Thank you! Perfect
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 08:13 AM   #493
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
That error is most likely the result of a change to the array module in Python:

Added: I changed the name of that function in KindleUnpack and was able to unpack that dictionary without any further errors. I have attached a copy of the modified plugin in case anyone else needs to use it.
Hmmm... Python 3.2 was long gone before calibre was altered to work with Python 3, so this has probably been broken in the plugin all along. I'll try to remember to release a version that will work with both old and new versions of calibre.

Feel free to PM me if something like this comes up in the future and I fail to respond.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mobi2mobi