optional:
music player
touchscreen (no ty)

for <300$ ok?
jimmyonishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:41 PM   #2
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
While I love the appearance and reading ease of the bigger screens, I think I would always like to own the smaller size unit to carry around in my bag. I'd probably go more for a tablet in the larger size and a pocket size Kobo for reading novels etc and using on bus trips or reading in bed. If Kobo goes for a bigger size, don't discontinue the smaller units.
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2011, 07:08 PM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I have no idea what they may be planning for the future, but the iPAD Kobo app is reported to be really good and I am expecting that when we see Android Honeycomb tablets in the next few months, the Kobo app will be much the same. Not eInk of course for any of them, though the Notion Ink Adam may be a pretty good reader with Pixel Qi. Time will tell.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:30 AM   #4
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Kobo has resisted polluting their lineup with multiple sizes thus far.

But only the future knows for sure.
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:35 PM   #5
masona8
Enthusiast
masona8 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo, Kindle DX graphite, Kindle 3
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
Kobo has resisted polluting their lineup with multiple sizes thus far.
Can I quote you on that ?

They should fix up their little ereaders and get them right before trying anything else, otherwise they will surely pollute their lineup
masona8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert