Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-12-2009, 02:10 AM   #16
Reyben
Connoisseur
Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Erm... None.
Quote:
And scary spiders and things that bite you when you go to the toilet too

Population: 21,000,000.

Population Density: It's a two day journey to the nearest supermarket.

Indigenous foodstuffs: Vegemite.

Main export: Cheerfulness.

Dangerous animals: Box Jellyfish, Salt Water Crocodile, Cone Shell, Scorpion Fish, Blue Ringed Octopus, Stone Fish, Funnel Web Spider, Red Back Spider, White Tail Spider, pretty much all of the other spiders, kangaroos (especially kangaroos), sharks, snakes, bees, wasps, termites, ants, the guy who starred in Crocodile Dundee, Stingrays, more snakes, platypuses, sea snakes, lizards, Tasmanian devils, Tasmanian tigers, Emus, Dingos, some of the rocks, and - aw, look, you see that cute thing that looks like a Teddy Bear? If you say its name three times, it comes to get you in the night.

Harmless Animals: One of the sheep.

...I really, really want to go.

Kess, good to see you and your Apocalypse over here. Moejoe's got skill, and I like his latest cover a lot. Especially the tag.

Quote:
I wonder if a certain Nomesque has anything to do with this
I can't speak for the others, but a shiny black Sedan pulled up outside my house and a lady named 'Naomi' offered me some sweets. As soon as I moved to take them, something heavy hit me over the head. I just about remember being stuffed into a van as I lost consciousness... when I woke up, I was here!

Last edited by Reyben; 08-12-2009 at 02:12 AM.
Reyben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:04 AM   #17
Kess
Enthusiast
Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyben View Post

Population: 21,000,000.

Population Density: It's a two day journey to the nearest supermarket.

Indigenous foodstuffs: Vegemite.

Main export: Cheerfulness.

Dangerous animals: Box Jellyfish, Salt Water Crocodile, Cone Shell, Scorpion Fish, Blue Ringed Octopus, Stone Fish, Funnel Web Spider, Red Back Spider, White Tail Spider, pretty much all of the other spiders, kangaroos (especially kangaroos), sharks, snakes, bees, wasps, termites, ants, the guy who starred in Crocodile Dundee, Stingrays, more snakes, platypuses, sea snakes, lizards, Tasmanian devils, Tasmanian tigers, Emus, Dingos, some of the rocks, and - aw, look, you see that cute thing that looks like a Teddy Bear? If you say its name three times, it comes to get you in the night.

Harmless Animals: One of the sheep.

...I really, really want to go.
Hee hee. That's part of why I moved here!

Quote:
Kess, good to see you and your Apocalypse over here. Moejoe's got skill, and I like his latest cover a lot. Especially the tag.
Thanks for the welcome! And yes, Moejoe is teh awesome.

Quote:
I can't speak for the others, but a shiny black Sedan pulled up outside my house and a lady named 'Naomi' offered me some sweets. As soon as I moved to take them, something heavy hit me over the head. I just about remember being stuffed into a van as I lost consciousness... when I woke up, I was here!
It's funny, I had a very similar experience.... I'm never trusting a nice lady with sweets again!
Kess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:06 AM   #18
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Okay 2 new versions, 1 I'm calling one scratchy and the other orange sky....now with zombie like hands

Last edited by Moejoe; 08-12-2009 at 02:04 PM. Reason: REMOVED EARLIER GRAPHICS
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:18 AM   #19
Kess
Enthusiast
Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They're gorgeous! Love 'em. Thank you thank you!

~Kess / Mel
Old 08-12-2009, 03:21 AM   #20
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kess View Post
They're gorgeous! Love 'em. Thank you thank you!

~Kess / Mel
Would you like any other graphics, banners or anything for you web site? I have the main graphic file now, so it would be easy enough to do.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:28 AM   #21
Kess
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Would you like any other graphics, banners or anything for you web site? I have the main graphic file now, so it would be easy enough to do.
Wow, thank you. I'm actually in the process of building a website for all of my writing endeavours, and I'm going to need an Apocalypse Blog banner for that (among others). I'll have to dig around and see what size, etc, it would need to be - I haven't had the time to poke at it for a while.

Will definitely look into it and let you know!

~Kess / Mel
Old 08-12-2009, 03:30 AM   #22
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kess View Post
Wow, thank you. I'm actually in the process of building a website for all of my writing endeavours, and I'm going to need an Apocalypse Blog banner for that (among others). I'll have to dig around and see what size, etc, it would need to be - I haven't had the time to poke at it for a while.

Will definitely look into it and let you know!

~Kess / Mel

No probs If you want anything changing on the above designs, just let me know, anything at all..its representing your work after all, so don't be shy
Old 08-12-2009, 03:57 AM   #23
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
I LOVE the orange one.

Quote:
Australian animals = dangerous as all hell

Australian me = weird trippy candy

I prefer me
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:48 AM   #24
ravenlife
Connoisseur
ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
sorry to interrupt,

just wanted to tell moejoe that the covers are really good
ravenlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:53 AM   #25
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenlife View Post
sorry to interrupt,

just wanted to tell moejoe that the covers are really good
Interrupt the babble ALL you like.
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:58 AM   #26
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
I think it would be appropriate for me to introduce myself: I'm the official MR stalker, and my pray of choice is writers....Mouhahahaha!

Beware, I "karma slap" and I follow authors everywhere.

Really happy to see you all here - fresh meat!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:13 AM   #27
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
Interrupt the babble ALL you like.
babble !

as if we haven't got enough to read without this babble !

okay - sorry for the interruption, carry on ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
I think it would be appropriate for me to introduce myself: I'm the official MR stalker, and my pray of choice is writers....Mouhahahaha!

Beware, I "karma slap" and I follow authors everywhere.

Really happy to see you all here - fresh meat!

She's a dear, really !!!!
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:41 PM   #28
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post

God's own country - though apparently he didn't send Jesus here cos he couldn't find 3 wise men or a virgin.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:00 PM   #29
Moejoe
Banned

Okay, I'll have to change the fonts on the above versions (some problems with using them for promotion).
Old 08-12-2009, 02:03 PM   #30
Moejoe
Banned

Okay here they are again with the offending font removed

Last edited by Moejoe; 08-13-2009 at 05:13 PM. Reason: GRAPHICS updated, placed in later post.