Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-14-2012, 08:52 AM   #16
xueyou2
Connoisseur
xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.

Device: none
I get it!Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2008 View Post
Maybe you can try run following command with launchpad before you go to sleep.

Code:
lipc-wait-event  -s 0 com.lab126.powerd goingToScreenSaver && killall mplayer
You are the first people who help me from foreign country ! I feel very well.
If there is anyting you need help in china ,just say. I will do my best!
Thank you !
感激不尽!
xueyou2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:15 AM   #17
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyou2 View Post
You are the first people who help me from foreign country ! I feel very well.
You should walk around in this forum a little much.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #18
xueyou2
Connoisseur
xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.

I still need your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2008 View Post
Maybe you can try run following command with launchpad before you go to sleep.

Code:
lipc-wait-event  -s 0 com.lab126.powerd goingToScreenSaver && killall mplayer
Except my poor english, my linux is bad too.
I have install this Change Screensaver Timeout (how long before sleeps)
i think we can kill the Mplayer when the screensaver starts!so i can use this to controll
the Mplayer!
And i do not know how to do this!so please give me detai step!
Thank you!
Old 04-14-2012, 09:35 AM   #19
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm not sure if this works but you can try :

append this line to the [Actions] part of one of ini files in the launchpad folder

Code:
S M = !lipc-wait-event  -s 0 com.lab126.powerd goingToScreenSaver && killall mplayer
then refresh launchpad with [shift shift space]
and execute this via [ shift S M ] whenever you need it to be active.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:47 AM   #20
xueyou2
Connoisseur

Thumbs up Yes! It works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
I'm not sure if this works but you can try :

append this line to the [Actions] part of one of ini files in the launchpad folder

Code:
S M = !lipc-wait-event  -s 0 com.lab126.powerd goingToScreenSaver && killall mplayer
then refresh launchpad with [shift shift space]
and execute this via [ shift S M ] whenever you need it to be active.
I append this to launchpad.int .
I just try it ,and it works!
In my country it very late at night.and i can use it right now!
Thank you! You are another icefrog!
Old 04-14-2012, 08:33 PM   #21
xueyou2
Connoisseur

The Change Screensaver Timeout can do it too.

Quote:
I append this to launchpad.int .
I just try it ,and it works!
In my country it very late at night.and i can use it right now!
Thank you! You are another icefrog!
I find Change Screensaver Timeout can do this too!When the screensaver starts
the mplayer will be killed in about 2minutes.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:49 PM   #22
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
I find Change Screensaver Timeout can do this too!When the screensaver starts
the mplayer will be killed in about 2minutes.
Thanks for pointing this out to all of us. I did not know it will close Mplayer (or presumably any open and running program) not long after this screensaver timeout runs.
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #23
xueyou2
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by inameiname View Post
Thanks for pointing this out to all of us. I did not know it will close Mplayer (or presumably any open and running program) not long after this screensaver timeout runs.
The trouble is that if you close the screensaver and want to start the mplayer again,you have to first stop the mplayer for three times and then you can start it with launchpad.

Last edited by xueyou2; 04-14-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:37 PM   #24
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
...you have to first stop the mplayer for three times...
for a quick and temprorary soln you can try to add them to this command also

what I mean is this:
Code:
S M = !lipc-wait-event  -s 0 com.lab126.powerd goingToScreenSaver && killall mplayer && killall mplayer && killall mplayer && killall mplayer
if you are using a different command to stop mplayer then replace each of the last three "&& killall mplayer" with it

may work

Last edited by thomass; 04-14-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #25
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
The trouble is that if you close the screensaver and want to start the mplayer again,you have to first stop the mplayer for three times and then you can start it with launchpad.
I see. Weird. But glad you pointed that out.

Now, does Thomas's Launchpad command negate having to stop mplayer three more times, or do you also have to do that as well, just as if you just the screensaver alone run and kill mplayer anyway, as you mentioned it does automatically after a few minutes) If so, I guess Thomas's latest tweak of his Launchpad command works. I was just unclear as to if you had to do that whether you set his Launchpad command or not.

Last edited by inameiname; 04-16-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #26
xueyou2
Connoisseur

It works very well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inameiname View Post
I see. Weird. But glad you pointed that out.

Now, does Thomas's Launchpad command negate having to stop mplayer three more times, or do you also have to do that as well, just as if you just the screensaver alone run and kill mplayer anyway, as you mentioned it does automatically after a few minutes) If so, I guess Thomas's latest tweak of his Launchpad command works. I was just unclear as to if you had to do that whether you set his Launchpad command or not.
Thomas's Launchpad command works very well.It is a smart idea.Sorry to replay it late!
Now i can listen to music whether falling asleep.:P
Thank you very much!

Last edited by xueyou2; 04-16-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:43 PM   #27
inameiname
Groupie

Quote:
Thomas's Launchpad command works very well.It is a smart idea.Sorry to replay it late!
Now i can listen to music whether falling asleep.:P
Thank you very much!
Thank you. I am glad it works great for you.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #28
K3w
K3w began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 wireless
Coudn't find "/etc/init.d/powerd" on KT. "/usr/bin/powerd" doesn't work with parameter "restart". Have someone an idea, to let powerd-deamon reread the "t1_timeout"?
K3w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:18 PM   #29
phui
phui began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
how to do it on kindle 4 non-touch?

how to do it on kindle 4 non-touch?
phui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #30
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Probably via something like
Code:
kdb set system/daemon/powerd/t1_timeout 600
but it requires a rw rootfs, may not be safe, may break updates, may need a restart to get taken into account, and I didn't test this the slightest bit.

(That's part of the reason I pulled the packages the code that's used in the first post came from).

[600 seconds seems to be the default value on K4/K5]

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-29-2012 at 12:43 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote