Device: Tolino
from Word to Calibre, but with extra Attributs

Hi,
I'm working
- english ebook in Calibre converted to DOCX
- DOCX translated with Google
- copy/paste to Word, little formatting, and so
- bring to calibre, converted to EPUB

my little problem: I will get series and language information from DOCX, but it's working not: language is Hungarian, series can't load.

can someone help me?
HanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 02:35 PM   #2
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HanG View Post

my little problem: I will get series and language information from DOCX, but it's working not: language is Hungarian, series can't load.
I don't completely understand the problem as you wrote above, but...

Open the content.opf file
Look for <dc:language>en</dc:language>
Change to <dc:language>hu-HU</dc:language>

There may be other places language is specified, such as in the title page.
Search for xml:lang="en" and change to xml:lang="hu-HU"

Reading between the lines, I think that is what you are after.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2021, 08:42 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Hi,
I'm working
- english ebook in Calibre converted to DOCX
- DOCX translated with Google
- copy/paste to Word, little formatting, and so
- bring to calibre, converted to EPUB

can someone help me?
Where is the series information stored? And where is it not appearing? Or, when is it not being read? Unless it is in the file name, and you have the correct regex to parse that to get the series info, nothing in that series of steps is adding the series info. I do not believe that DOCX has it as a metadata that calibre can extract. And even if it does, I can't see where you are copying it to the new Word document.

There are details missing in this. For example, when you put the translated DOCX back into calibre, are you replacing the existing one? Or adding it as a new book?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 03:21 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Series is not a DOCX property.

https://python-docx.readthedocs.io/e...coreprops.html

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 08:52 AM   #5
HanG
HanG began at the beginning.

Thanks, for the questions.
1) series:
yes, series is not piece of docx, but while the word processing, i give this information handly for the filename.
2) in calibre Adding Books is a function:
(?P<author>[^_-]+) -?\s*(?P<series>[^_0-9-]*)(?P<series_index>[0-9]*)\s*-\s*(?P<title>[^_].+) ?
or
(?P<author>[^_-]+) -?\s*(?P<series>[^_0-9-]*)(?P<series_index>[0-9]*)\s*-\s*(?P<title>[^_].+) ?

can somebody decrypt it?
I have normally the second, but if I know what this regular expressions means, can I give corresponding name, which include series and language.
the text about regular expressions in calibre is too complicated for me.
Advert
Old 10-20-2021, 09:19 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Thanks, for the questions.
1) series:
yes, series is not piece of docx, but while the word processing, i give this information handly for the filename.
2) in calibre Adding Books is a function:
or

can somebody decrypt it?
I have normally the second, but if I know what this regular expressions means, can I give corresponding name, which include series and language.
the text about regular expressions in calibre is too complicated for me.
The regular expression is extracting metadata from the file name. I can't see any difference in them.

Basically this is:

Code:
author - series name series_index - title
Or everything before the dash is the author, between them is the series name and index and after the second dash is the title.

An example file name that would match is:

Code:
Jim Butcher - The Dresden Files 1 - I can't remember what book one was called.DOCX
Which gives:

Author = Jim Butcher
Series = The Dresden Files
Series index = 1
Title = I can't remember what book one was called
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 11:48 AM   #7
HanG
HanG began at the beginning.

Thanx, I try it tomorrow