Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-03-2011, 10:31 AM   #1
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 902 / Ipad air/ kindle paperwhite
[Metadata Source Plugin] ADLIBRIS_SE (SE)

DEPRECATED ADLIBRIS_SE - Version 0.2.4 -BETA!! - 21 december 2018 by Pr. BarnArt.

THIS PLUGIN IS DEPRECATED!

This plugin is for using ADLIBRIS as a metadata source.
It is for books in the swedish language, that's why it is called ADLIBRIS_SE.
This project is in BETA stage, so please comment to make it more mature.

Main Features of ADLIBRIS_SE 0.2.4
  • retrieve isbn
  • retrieve multiple authors (no contributers/translators), title
  • retrieve comments, cover, rating, series, publisher and publishing date, lanquage

Special Notes:
  • ADLIBRIS_SE first looks for a match on the isbn-number, if that is given.
  • Otherwise it takes the author's name en the exact booktitle.
  • requires calibre 2.05 or higher.

Add / Fixed:
  • fix due to website changes

known issues /to do:
The plugin was depracated for a while, because it did not work and nobody noticed. I can only maintain the plugin if the users inform me when it is broken.
I do not use it myself. I am not Swedisch.
Tusend Tack for notifying errors and changes of the website.

Installation Notes:
  • Download the attached zip file and install the plugin as described in the Introduction to plugins thread.
  • You can configure the plugin within Calibre.

Paypal Donations:
  • If you find this plugin useful please feel free to show your appreciation.

Version History:
Spoiler:

v.0.2.4 - 21-12-2018 -Beta
Add/fixed:
- fix due to website changes

v.0.2.3 - 20-11-2014 -Beta
Add/fixed:
- fix due to website changes
- fix series and serieindex

v.0.2.0 - 4-12-2011 -Beta
Add/fixed:
- return multiple authors
- return series information
- return small cover if large nor available
- if small cover is noimage then skip cover
- proper function adlibris_id
v. 0.1.0 -BETA 03-12-2011 - beta
initial release.
Attached Files
File Type: zip adlibris_se_2_4.zip (9.3 KB, 92738 views)

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 12-14-2020 at 07:03 AM. Reason: release 0.2.4
Pr.BarnArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:37 AM   #2
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ADLIBRIS_SE

There is a new plugin for ADLIBRIS_SE (beta).
I mentioned that adlibris also offers danish and norwegian books.
If people like that, I could make some additonal plugins, based on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catariina View Post
Thank you very much!
@catariina
Hey, you can try the plugin: it is called ADLIBRIS_SE and you can find it in a new thread at the Plugin-forum

It is an initial release in beta, so there sure will be something to fix.
I just did some regular testing.

I like to know the name of the writer and title, where adlibris shows no cover, or an image no cover available, so I can skip that

Also easy to know a book with multiple authors, can you mention one.

Serieinformation is not supported yet, but i saw adlibris offers it quit well,
so i will take that in a next release.

Please let me know if somethin is not working or could be better.

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 12-03-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Advert
Old 12-03-2011, 11:36 AM   #3
catariina
catariina began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Thanks a lot! I am impressed by how fast you've done it.

Will be testing it myself, as soon as i get back to my Calibre. Will give feedback then. Until then, here is a book with three authors. And here is one with no cover.
catariina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:54 AM   #4
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

I did not sleep
thanks for the titles. and waiting your comments
Old 12-04-2011, 07:47 AM   #5
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

@Catariina

Made some changes and fixes, new version 0.2.0 available
Advert
Old 12-04-2011, 07:49 AM   #6
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

New version 0.2.0

Please comment. If you got problems please mention title/author or isbn and if possible logtext

If you like a danish version or norwegian, let me know

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 12-04-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:16 AM   #7
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Moderator Notice
@Pr.BarnArt/catariina - I've moved the recent posts from the Plugin Ideas thread into here to keep the noise level down in the other thread.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:22 AM   #8
catariina

I had zero time to look into it yet, I am sorry, sometimes life gets a little hectic. I am downloading v2 now...
Old 12-06-2011, 12:10 PM   #9
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

There is no hurry, so keep it relaxing
Old 12-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #10
catariina

Hi Pr.BarnArt,

To me, it works very well. I haven't found a single book with wrong or missing metadata, after using the plugin. Not one single cover was downloaded though; I assume all my covers were "small size" then that the plugin can't handle as you wrote.

I noticed one bug (?). When I added the plugin to Calibre, both the first version and the update. After adding the plugin, my (latest ver., always updated) Calibre was unable to download "normal" English metadata from Amazon and other metadata sources so I had to disable and re-enable the AdLibris plugin.

I saw that it can't download metadata for e-books, are those so different?

C.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:14 PM   #11
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Not one single cover was downloaded though; I assume all my covers were "small size" then that the plugin can't handle as you wrote.
In version 0.2.0 it should also find small cover, unless this is a no_image_available picture.
Can you pls. give me some titles and authors to check with,

Quote:
I noticed one bug (?). When I added the plugin to Calibre, both the first version and the update. After adding the plugin, my (latest ver., always updated) Calibre was unable to download "normal" English metadata from Amazon and other metadata sources so I had to disable and re-enable the AdLibris plugin.
I dont know yet, most of the times the update of plugins throught Calbire just replace the new one for the old one, keeping your preferences set.

Quote:
I saw that it can't download metadata for e-books, are those so different?
C.
I did not know if they are realy different, but when you are looking for just 1 match, you get the first one that matches. If this is an e-bok , than you get the meta-data and the cover for the e-bok.
I made the first version of the plugin as a concept,simple. I thought that most people would look for "inbunden", so I skipped the e-bok to make also less comlex. In the results we also have to skip the listening-books, cd's etc.
I can put e-bok's as an option in a next version, if you need/like that.

Let me know

Thanks for your comments

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 12-11-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Old 08-03-2014, 01:40 PM   #12
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

I am porting some plugins to QT5.
At this point I noticed that the plugin doesnot work anymore, but I did not get any info about that for more than a year.
My conclusion is that this plugin is not used, so it can be deprecated.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:28 PM   #13
bda157
bda157 began at the beginning.

Device: nexus7
I use it

I used it, it worked until yesterday when I downloaded a new version. It is important to me, so please make it work again!
bda157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:47 AM   #14
Number9
Dude
Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One; Kobo Aura H2o; Sony Reader PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bda157 View Post
I used it, it worked until yesterday when I downloaded a new version. It is important to me, so please make it work again!
Same here!
Number9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:09 PM   #15
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bda157 View Post
It is no problem to make a new release.
But it is strange you said you did download a new version. There is no new version yet, the last one is 0.2.0 and it dates from 4 december 2011 !!
If you can confirm it still works, then I will port it to qt5.
If it is broken and the plugin should be continued I need feedback : title authors that give errors etc.

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 08-05-2014 at 12:14 PM.