Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-19-2021, 03:36 PM   #1
gesundheit
gesundheit began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW5 SE (2021)
How to programatically read/write kindle highlights?

Lets say I have some highlights that I want to insert into an ebook on my Kindle PW3. Is there a way I can insert these highlights programatically?
gesundheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 04:07 PM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
If your ebooks are in KF8 format (azw3 file extension), hightlights are in azw3r files along with other information. The open source python utility KRDS can read azw3r and other similar files.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...highlight=krds

If you can use the KRDS code to figure out how to write azw3r files, then you can insert highlights.

To know the start and end positions for highlights you need to use KindleUnpack.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=61986
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 09:45 PM   #3
gesundheit
gesundheit began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW5 SE (2021)
Thanks for the links, these have been a godsend.
gesundheit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
highlights