Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 06-29-2021, 06:59 PM   #1
rlefranc
rlefranc began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Calibre Mobile View

I have my Calibre server set up for access via odps on my Apple devices from the Marvin app as well as via mobile from my Kindle Oasis in the experimental browser.

All works well, but I'm hoping to add the 'Comments' field to my template so that I can see my book summaries in mobile view on my Kindle.

In Preferences-->Sharing over the net-->Book list template I've added the following:

<b>{title}</b> by {authors}
{series_index} of <i>{series}</i>|||{tags}
Date Added: {timestamp}|||Published: {pubdate}|||
Formats: {formats}
Summary: {comments}

I see everything in mobile view from my Kindle web browser except the {comments} and I'm not sure why. Any help would be much appreciated!
rlefranc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 10:09 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The template is used for the main calibre view not the mobile one. I dont recall if the kindle browser is capable of display the main view, try it and see.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 01:01 AM   #3
rlefranc

The Kindle browser won't display the standard Java Script view of the server page. The only way I've had success is to add '/mobile' to the end of the IP address to view the simple version of the page.

With that, it appears that the mobile view is a fixed template because no matter what criteria I add to the book list template, the display remains unchanged.

Do you know if it's possible to change the template for the simplified /mobile view of the server page? My main goal is to be able to view the book summary which is populated in the 'Comments' metadata. Thanks!

Last edited by rlefranc; 06-30-2021 at 01:05 AM.
Old 06-30-2021, 01:09 AM   #4
rlefranc

I've read varying comments on whether or not the Kindle 'Experimental Browser' can display Java Script, but I don't have any luck with the standard page without adding '/mobile' at the end. It just spins and spins but never loads.
Old 06-30-2021, 03:26 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No there is no way to customize the mobile view, only the main one.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 08:21 AM   #6
rlefranc

Ok, thanks for your quick response.

Tags
comments, experimental web browser, kindle, metadata, mobile