Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-23-2010, 07:55 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Olive Telecom to Dell...Awh how cute your phone is only 5".

Yeah, I want to see the belt clip for this cell phone.

The OlivePad is slated to be released in India next month then, possible roll out to other countries. Below is a quote of the press release and the Engaget story. (To read the press release on Engadget, you'll have to press the <Show Press Release> button.

Quote:

OLIVE TELECOM LAUNCHES INDIA'S FIRST 3G TABLET
OLIVEPAD-VT100

~ Launches industry's first next-generation Tablet powered by Android ~
Designed as a multi functional device, Olive Pad operates on an Android Operating System and supports 3.5G HSUPA, Wi-fi, and Bluetooth. With an inbuilt three mega pixel camera and a front camera, the Olive Pad can be used as a touch notebook allowing browsing, Multimedia, Instant Messaging and easy access to the world of social networking, GPS for maps and turn by turn directions, gaming console, an e- book reader, Television and it is also a Smart Phone (*) allowing voice and Video Calling. (more...)

(*) Bold emphasis is mine.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:18 AM   #2
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
The Hua Wei 7" tablet also has 3G. Of course, 7" does not fit into my pants front pocket, 5" does. So it depends where your priorities are. For me 7" is a "non-category". Too small as a tablet, too big as a phone. 5" is a great go everywhere, do anything compromise solution for gadget lovers like me.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2010, 12:47 AM   #3
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
The Hua Wei 7" tablet also has 3G. Of course, 7" does not fit into my pants front pocket, 5" does. So it depends where your priorities are. For me 7" is a "non-category". Too small as a tablet, too big as a phone. 5" is a great go everywhere, do anything compromise solution for gadget lovers like me.
Same for me, though I don't qualify as a gadget lover. I'm leaning toward the Dell Streak, because it would be handy when I don't bring my iPad. Also would be great to carry one smallish gadget -- including phone and camera -- for everything when needed.

Last edited by Maggie Leung; 07-24-2010 at 12:51 AM.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:44 AM   #4
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Leung View Post
Same for me, though I don't qualify as a gadget lover. I'm leaning toward the Dell Streak, because it would be handy when I don't bring my iPad. Also would be great to carry one smallish gadget -- including phone and camera -- for everything when needed.
It is a sweet device.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote