Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-11-2009, 11:56 PM   #1
Evin
Evin began at the beginning.

Device: Red Sony 505
Hi from Saskatchewan

Next week, on my birthday, my husband is bringing home a pretty Sangria Red Sony Reader. I'm thrilled!

I've downloaded the eBook Library software and have begun downloading books to it so I'll be ready!
Evin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:06 AM   #2
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Hi Evin and welcome to MobileRead!

Congrats on your red 505! I have a silver 505 and absolutely love it.

What kind of books do you enjoy reading?
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2009, 02:10 AM   #3
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Oooh, lucky you! I have a blue 505, but the red one makes me drool, just a little.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 04:02 AM   #4
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
ooh... a red one!

Enjoy your new reader and welcome on board the mobile read express!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:41 AM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello Evin
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2009, 04:13 PM   #6
Evin

Thanks for the welcome! My reading tastes are quite eclectic - I like mysteries, historical novels, sci-fi, fantasy, psychological thrillers - almost anything fiction, some new-agey stuff, and some non-fiction too like books about psychology.
Sounds like I like almost anything in print! I want to work through a large section of classics that I missed in my youth and the public domain ebooks seem like perfect opportunities to do that. I'm almost giddy with anticipation!!
Old 04-12-2009, 04:16 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Evin and welcome to MobileRead. I've had a 505 (Blue) for over a year now and really like it. Be sure and let us know how you like yours.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:09 PM   #8
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
"Saskatchewan"...one of my favourite placenames. Welcome aboard, Evin.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:20 PM   #9
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Always nice to see another Canadian at Mobileread Evin.

My dad's side of the family are from the Meadowlake area, and I have a lot of relatives now in Turtleford.

I have a PRS-505 as well as a PRS-700. I had a bunch of books in my wishlist from the eBook Store long before my eBook reader arrived, and I had populated my eBook Library with a lot of the free public domain books available, a lot of them right here from MobileRead.

There are sometimes polls in the lounge in which we may call on your vote to support Canada, all in good fun.

Welcome from Vancouver,

WDE.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 04-13-2009 at 01:13 AM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:11 AM   #10
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new 505!!
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:07 PM   #11
Evin

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
"Saskatchewan"...one of my favourite placenames. Welcome aboard, Evin.
Yes, I was born in Moose Jaw. One of MY favorite place names!! Saskatchewan is full of gorgeous place names. Like Elbow, Eyebrow and Climax to name three.
(^_^)
Old 04-13-2009, 09:05 PM   #12
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You can go directly there via the main route, or for play you can get to Climax by the long route via Eyebrow and Elbow.

Cheers,
Marc (Ahh, Benny Hill-like innuendo...will I ever find it not funny?)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote