Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 08-26-2013, 04:04 PM   #136
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangze View Post
I have finally rooted my Arc and give a try to the ro.sf.lcd_density change (by the way, there are two identical lines in the file, the one to modify is the first one...). Is the 170 value the only one to use, or can we try different values ? If not, how is this value determined ?...
Any explanation on this would be appreciated for my "personnal culture"...
Thanks a lot !
The code basically tiers various pixel density (screen resolution vs screen size) values. The tier for the ICS-like tablet UI ends at 178 or 179 (I forget at the moment; at 179 or 180 and up, it becomes the phone-like UI we all know and loathe, centering the back/home/multitasking buttons and moving the clock, radio icons, and notifications up to the shade), so 170's just a nice, convenient number to use.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:12 PM   #137
EricG
Enthusiast
EricG began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Finally upgraded to JB. There is a memory leak with certain apps in the final version of ICS, requiring reboots.

You lose 2.5% for the status bar at top. You get a more responsive GUI, Google Now, better notifications. Too bad we'll never get Android 4.2.
EricG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert